1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pstwo problems and large games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by miklodeon, Mar 5, 2005.

1. miklodeon

miklodeon Guest

i have some questions: 1ºi have a pstwo and i use swap magic 3.3, when i try to play budokai 3, killzone, flatout and some more that are almost a full dvd my ps seems to do a strange noise like the laser cant go read and they dont boot.2ºi have gta san andreas too and this boots fine but when im in the first city im full of slowdowns and sometimes i can hear the same noise but not to loud as the others. 3ºive seen my tdk burned games and they are all scratched. 4ºmaybe the laser is not aligned, or the swap is the problem?(i think its not a laser fault because gta loads are very fast)sorry for the big text :)

i hope you all help me

2. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

if u use dvd-r , try using dvd+r , seen alot of threads about peeps having trouble playing SA on dvd-r

3. miklodeon

miklodeon Guest

and with pstwos? i think the problem is not that but if it is i need to copy my all dvd-r into dvd+r

4. hursty

hursty Active member

if your boot copies are scratched then you will have problems
    you will also experience these sorts of problems with using the wrong media and/or burning them too fast

5. miklodeon

miklodeon Guest

i burn them 2X and the scratched one are the ones that boot nice and i play for a while...

6. hursty

hursty Active member

??????

make up your mind?

why do you think the ps2 make " funny noises "

because its scared?

lol

its probaly finding it difficult to read your disc's

probably because they are scratched

7. miklodeon

miklodeon Guest

thanks everybody even if anyone hasnt solved my problem. i had to buy magic switch to make killzone and budokai work(maybe was the paper stoping the disk) but the noise is present even. i dont think it is the media cause i have around 100 ps2 games and they all make this sound and the freezings all over the game dont stop anyway.(i have dvds burned into tdk, ritek-ridata, datawrite, princo...) id like to know if it is the media or the laser is desaligned?