1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PStwo reading solution needed

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by miklodeon, Feb 11, 2005.

1. miklodeon

miklodeon Guest

i´ve got my pstwo in christmas and it only gave me problems but my last one is that when playing games such san andreas, crash twinsanity, winning eleven it freezes sometimes but i can still play it. all of this were burned in a tdk 4X at 2X. i´ve already cleaned laser and nothing. i´m using swap magic 3.3. i think the problem is when ps2 reads faster. the original games works fine. i need help.

playing gta with freezes all the time suck

2. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

how large are the isos when you burn the image to your hard drive?

3. miklodeon

miklodeon Guest

well crash bandicoot about 3gb, gta about 4,3gb and winning eleven around 2gb. well some games works perfect without any flaws and freezes with low quality dvds like princo and the crash, gta and winning eleven i burn them 2x on a tdk and theyre freezing all over the game everytime. i think maybe i should burn in a dvd+r?or i should try a Verbatim or maybe it´s just swap or ps2 fault.

4. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

Don't use DVD+R. I've heard that they don't work as well and I know that on older version PS2's they won't work at all. I've never used TDK; I've always used memorex and they work great. But that doesn't mean that it's a problem with your media. If the ISO's are small and they still don't work than the size isn't the problem. Except with GTA: san andreas I know a lot of people have problems with it. Are you having trouble only with burned games or is it with originals too? I'm wondering if maybe your laser is defective.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2005
  5. miklodeon

miklodeon Guest

i only have getaway: black monday and final fantasy x original and they seem to be nice. only getaway sometime is laggy but i think it is of the game. but to play them i dont use anything(screw, plastic sheet...). ive only tried burning them with tdk and princo since the problem can be the dvds i will try anothers. but how can i see if the laser is defective?...

anyway and if you dont see this thanks anyway