1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pstwo slim problem

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dcmxc, Mar 5, 2005.

1. dcmxc

dcmxc Member

I had the slim ps2, i recently bought a fliptop for it. Well i open up the ps2 and i did install it and i put the ps2 back together. Well now everynow and then when i am in a game and it goes to a loading screen it will load some and then it will freeze. Currently on tiger woods 2005 when i try to load this one hole it just will not. It did load on ym friends just fine though.

When i opened the ps2 a metal rectangle not too big i believe came out but i have no clue where it goes and i am not sure if that is the problem. it has no problems booting the game, just when i am in a game sometimes it just freezes or takes a long time to load. Does anyone know why? Currently i had the orginal fliptop back on and on right. The games it freezes on are not backups but actual games. Thanks.

2. dcmxc

dcmxc Member

Can somebody please help me with this, i have no clue what the problem is

3. Casshern

Casshern Member

Sounds like a peice broke off your laser - which considering the problem your having would make sense. Im not 100% sure though without being able to see the peice. Untill its fixed dont use your PS2 - if its taken a long time to load and does crash its only gonna abuse your laser and reck it fully. If you cant get a picture of the peice then just send it to a shop that fixes PS2s (NOT SONY - Theyll break it more lol).. Theres a few online shops I know of but you would have to send it in (Means also paying for shipping and waiting longer).

4. dcmxc

dcmxc Member

5. r0c0

r0c0 Guest

that site can not be found according to my browser...
    but i hear more people have problems with the new slim freezing alot during gameplay....I think its still a issue with airflow and stuff..

6. ajarina

ajarina Member

the metal piece that fell out is an "anchor" for the vertical stand, so it isnt truly necessary for the machine to work. your lens isnt broken, but you should probably put back the piece that fell out. my slim worked better after i put it back in.

when you open the case, look at the side of the ps2 farthest from the lens, longways. there is a tiny slot in the middle of that side where the piece fits in vertically. look and youll find it.

if youre still having problems with your ps2 after this let me know, cuz i experienced alot of trouble installing my flip lid and getting it to work.

7. dcmxc

dcmxc Member

Well i did put that peice back in, but no luck with loading the tiger woods game. Thanks for the help. Still have no clue what the problem is with it, i dont have the fliptop on i have the orginal top because the flip top doesn't seem to want to work, when i close it the disc still wont spin. But yea, i dont know.. If you have any online ps2 shops let me know

8. ajarina

ajarina Member

hey, when you put in the disc and boot up the ps2 does it instantly go to the browser screen and then say "there is no data" if you hit the x button? if so, there is a thread on here about why your flip top isnt working. the flip top may not be installed low enough to depress the two sensors that tells the system that the lid is closed. let me know if that is the case for you and i offer to help find the thread for you.

9. dcmxc

dcmxc Member

It isn't low enough that is right, but i dont know how to get it lower, and it doesn't really matter if i cant get my ps2 to load some games.

10. dcmxc

dcmxc Member

I searched the forum, cant seem to find something on the lid, it would be great if you can help me with it

11. ajarina

ajarina Member

Last edited: Mar 6, 2005