1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pstwo slimline

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by Scootel2, Feb 8, 2005.

1. Scootel2

Scootel2 Member

I just purchased the new pstwo slimline edition. I would like to mod it. I have done alot of research and have came under the impression the safest mod is to replace the fliptop lid with the new fliptop lid and use SwapMagic 3.3 discs. Couple questions. Is this the safest mod to do? Where is the best place/cheapest to purchase the new lid and discs? Thank you for your help.

2. Scootel2

Scootel2 Member

Can anyone give me any input please? I am either going to get a new flip top or the slim tool. Which one do you think is better? Thanks

3. Doulley

Doulley Guest

ya go with replacing the top
    maybe the worst would be a scratch or u could get a modchip but get it installed professionally cause if they screw up they replace it!

4. Doulley

Doulley Guest

oh and go to modchip.ca if u want a chip and install is like 50$ but worth it.

5. HaloPimp

HaloPimp Member

the best way to go is with the flip top lid and the sawp magic 3.3 , I had the slimtool and the only problem i found out was that the ps2 allways thinks it has a disk inside, so your gonna end up pressing reset alot, the flip top lid works great, the best and cheapest place to get them is at http://www.gocybershopping.com

6. BOUT2BUS

BOUT2BUS Guest

Why would this be a problem?
    Its got to be better than taking the door off, and replacing it with a poorly moulded plastic fliptop.

I personally would advise you to simply order yourself a Slim-Tool and Swap Magic 3.3 SET from a website based in your country
    (I used http://www.pop-uk.info because I live in the UK)
    I have been using this method for ages now with no problems, all of my games work perfectly, I can open and close the door with the tool left in, and my warranty is ok because I havnt altered the physical appearence of my PS2 or touched the sticker in any way.
    I dont know why anybody in their right mind would even consider chipping a Slimline PS2 when this method is available!
    Or does putting a mod chip in a PS2 serve some other purpose that I dont know about?
    rant over, lol
    Bout2Bus

Now, back to killzone :)

7. Scootel2

Scootel2 Member

Where can I order the slimtool and MagicSwap 3.3 discs in the US? I also need fast delivery. Thanks

8. lib

lib Guest