1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pstwo stops reading anything

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Chancha, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Chancha

Chancha Member

I am completely new here so please excuse me if the topic is redudent.

I just bought my pstwo brand new, along with GTA SA 2 weeks ago. Yesterday while I was in the middle of playing SA I suddenly got an on-screen message saying "please close your disk cover it is opened" (or something to that effect). I didn't drop the console it was sitting there rock still so I was like wtf. I then reset the pstwo and then it completely does not read anything at all.

I proceeded to troubleshoot it and try to put in other games, some DVDs, then some CDs, none worked. When I turn the thing on it will stay at the 7 spinning growing balls screen (which says "browser/system configuraation").

So I went further and looked at the way the inside of the fliptop and tried to stick something down the buttons (those ones that tells the console the door is closed). No luck.

I am thinking it must be a laser problem now. Should I return it? (it was from a local EB) I would like to hear if folks are having similar problems and if there is any possible work around.

This really fusking sucks. I haven't owned the old PS2 before so this is really turning me off, SONY you hear me.

2. gozilla

gozilla Regular member

return it imediatly. these new PSTWO's have really shithouse lasers.

3. account

account Guest

its the LA problem again except it is ALOT more sensative in this version and it is impossible (right now) to take the chip off and replace it with a new one.

also do NOT get another one of those.

if you can, get a version 7 (it is the best version they created)

4. kenjitak

kenjitak Member

Is this THE Chancha from MM BBS? o_O What a coincidence...

Yeah, definitely return that baby and exchange it for a new one. The PSTwo's defective.