1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pstwo (v12) mod installs:)

Discussion in 'PS2' started by punx777, Oct 27, 2004.

1. punx777

punx777 Regular member

just got word from the man who operates www.norcalmods.com, he told me that
    1. the matrix infinity works in the pstwo and they will do installs for 100 bux......(free shipping back home)
    2. they are getting the "crystal chip" in next week

2. ddrhazy

ddrhazy Member

Heh, on www.crystal-chips.com in their faq section they specifically say that their chip DOESN'T play imports and backups, and is intended for development purposes for the PS2. What's all that about? =/

3. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

yes exactly i had the same question! would somebody please help us out!!!???

4. punx777

punx777 Regular member

LOL? i have no clue what that meens? sounds like youd be installing a 50 dollar piece of shit with no purpous.. ill ask the guy at norcalmods if he knows anything

5. ddrhazy

ddrhazy Member

I'm guessing the chip's bios from the developer doesn't have back up boot capability but they probably assume that other developers will make a flash bios for the chip that will do just that. Even so it still sounds like an iffy chip.

6. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

Am I just better off getting the Matrix Infinity? I hear that this is compatiable with the new slim PSTwo?
    And it can play back-ups?

7. punx777

punx777 Regular member

yes, it would pry be easier just to get an infinity... its the chip i have and it rocks:)

heres his response to the email i sent him regarding the stupid chip....

Hi Lars

Well yes you are right; the bios that the CC comes with will not allow youto play back-ups. However rumor has it that there will be a hacked/leakedflash update that will open up many features. This is much like the way theXbox chips are, they come with a legal Linux bios, then if you want to beable to play back-ups and all the other stuff you must update the chip witha hacked bios. This is there attempt at making the chip legal.

John
    www.norcalmods.com

if you were thinking about getting this chip, you should definitly wait til they release an update... or else youd have a 50 dollar waste of money

8. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

punx777...do u have a matris infinty in the new ps2? or is it the origonal one u have it in?

9. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

also, do n e of u know if the installation is the same for installing a mod chip in the new ps2 as it is in the other ps2's???

10. punx777

punx777 Regular member

no, my mod is in an origonal ps2...

11. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

o ok but would u by any chance know if the installation is the same for putting a mod chip in the new ps2 as in the old one?

12. punx777

punx777 Regular member

well, well im sure the solder points will be in different spots... if thats what your asking

13. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

punx777... do u know if norcalmods is a u.s or canadian site??

14. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

o nvm my bad i see northern california...

15. punx777

punx777 Regular member

16. bmxer4lyf

bmxer4lyf Regular member

ok if i were to install the matrix infinty into my pstwo (V12) would i be able to play back-ups (burned ps1 and ps2) games with my newly modded pstwo?

17. punx777

punx777 Regular member

yes... im not sure about antimod ps1 games.... i know it will play them in version 9&10 but idk about 11&12... im sure it will play ps2 game you backup... my favorite thing about the chip is it will auto dectect the game, weather it be ps1 ps2 or dvd... on almost all other chips when you put in a dvd, say after you have been playing a ps1 or 2 game, you have to turn the system to standby before you play the game.

18. account

account Guest

oh shit $100 thats fuckin' insane!

i install modchips even in the new slim line console for only $30 for the install. (im not trying to advertise, im just making a point that they are a rip off)

and yes i am a pro installer and not some guy who will do the occasinal install for people.

19. chrisdafa

chrisdafa Member

Hey I'm from New Zealand and we have a net site like ebay but it's called www.trademe.co.nz anyway it's an auction site but a lot of modders use it to offer their modding services. I currently am bidding on a auction for a modder to mod my new PStwo with the Matrix Infinity chip. It's only $130NZ which is about $69 US and comes with a years warrenty. When and if I win the auction and get my PStwo modded I will post impressions and results here asap after reading previous mods done by this guy I think it's a sure thing. He offers console replacement if damaged. Anyway will post here soon.

20. account

account Guest

cool site i would do it but i only ship to Canada and the US, right now i may widen my install area soon but i could blow most of these people away with my install price ;)