1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSTWO: where are they made in??

Discussion in 'PS2' started by easy123, Jan 23, 2005.

1. easy123

easy123 Member

Anyone know where they are made? I am sure it's not in the USA, though it would be nice if they made them here. Do they make them in Japan? Or do they make them in CHINA and India for cheap labor?

2. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

theyre made in japan... although these days you cant be too certain where all the components really come from. but does it really matter?

3. easy123

easy123 Member

yea, kind of. where is yours made in?

4. pretense

pretense Regular member

The dreaded 'MiC' label (Made in China).

$ony has factories over there where they just churn out the PStwos.

5. easy123

easy123 Member

Pretense, did it crap down on you? I went to Metreon and got a PSTWO. I swear that the label says Made In Japan. I took it to the cashier, then after i got home, open it and Made In China??!! Damn, that guy must have swap it when i was looking at the games that was display behind the counter.

Now my question is why he did that? Are the ones on the shelf for display only?

6. bzboarder

bzboarder Guest

some are definatly made in china... i just read on a financial site they were moving some production to china. mine says made in japan though. theyre is a recall on the PSTwos in effect becasue theyre defective... maybe yours is one of them.

7. easy123

easy123 Member

mine has the day code 4d next to the scph number.
    I heard that the pstwo sold after november is not likely to burn as fast as the defective one. Now the questions is whether i should return it or keep it.

Btw, the box i took to the cashier was labeled made in japan, but when i got home it was a different box labeled made in china. I guess i should have checked before leaving the store, or at least ask the cashier when did those pstwo came in.