1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSX backup error count?

Discussion in 'PS2 - CD backup discussion' started by thewaksta, Jun 26, 2004.

1. thewaksta

thewaksta Member

Have backed up PS2 DVD games and DVD movies with no trouble and thought I would finally try my hand at my copy of Final Fantasy 7. I read several guides on various programs and have only had success on CDRWIN. (Alcohol 120% and Nero 6 have both returned read errors @ 1x). My CDRWIN "success" only means that I havent had a read error...yet. It's been running for 15 hours now. 96% with 5300 errors. Is this normal?? Surely not!! Please let me know. Thanks.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i backed up finsl fantasy 7 some time ago using clone cd with the cloney xxl front end and had no problems with read errors on any of the 3 cd's.That many read errors would suggest there is somthing wrong with either the drive reading the disc or somthing wrong with the source disc,make sure that the disc has no bad scratches or marks on it try cleaning it

3. Halogen64

Halogen64 Member

This usually happens when the disk has some form of damage on it. I've gotten that alot with PSX games. Basically all that saying is that those sectors it is trying to read are unreadable, this will cause most CD burners to slow down to about 1x as it attempts to read every corrupted sector. It can take a long time. When trying to back up Guilty Gear, I got those read errors in the last 2%. I cancelled the burn and currently use the unfinished disk to play the game (I've had no problems yet, guess the 2% wasn't important).