1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Psx backup question??

Discussion in 'PS2' started by goinghome, Feb 3, 2004.

1. goinghome

goinghome Guest

I have a question. Can you play multidisk ps1 backups on the ps2 using smd/cdloader. I know you can boot the disc, however when it is time to switch to disc 2, will the ps2 try to verify the disc and give you the red screen of death? any help would be appreciated :)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]If we're going to wear uniforms man we should all wear something different-Tommy Chong in "Up In Smoke"[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 3, 2004
  2. FFW

FFW Member

i'm not sure smd can but playstation 1 games. Your going to have to use a gameshark version 2-or higher(the psx disk) to boot the game. Also you'll need to use a flip top or slide card.

3. goinghome

goinghome Guest

I already know it is possible to play with cd loader, however im wondering whether the ps2 will try and verify the second disc when it is time to put it in.....get what im saying?

4. temple

temple Member

why dont you try saving before the disk change, then power off, and boot the second CD using CD loader? Also, what CDLoader version are you using? I would personally like to see if it could play my PSx games...

Last edited: Feb 4, 2004
  5. goinghome

goinghome Guest

Im using the latest version. In theory they should play on cdloader, because when you insert the disc for it to verify, it will accept a ps1 disc without the invalid disc error and say ps1 disc in the lower left corner, and you can hit x and it says isert disc via ea method.....i wouldve tested from there but i dont have any backups of ps1 discs.....or any ps1 discs for that matter! :) If you try tell me how it goes....

also, i think what you said about saving then booting the 2nd disc would also work, thnx...
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]If we're going to wear uniforms man we should all wear something different-Tommy Chong in "Up In Smoke"[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2004