1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psx boot disc.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by josiborg, Nov 24, 2002.

1. josiborg

josiborg Guest

i have found on kazaa a boot disc for the psx and ps2. they did not work. do they really have a boot disc for psx that does not have to use a mod chip? if so where can i find it? i have one from kazaa that i was not able to burn correctly. it is an iso file but when using nero to burn it says "the entered block size does not correspond to the image length. the block size might be wrong." what does this mean?

2. roberto30

roberto30 Member

i got that error 2 ! for psx there is a boot disk that you can use without cd i believe.
    I really don't know where you gotta download it.
    i think you just gotta ignore it but i haven't tried yet.

3. slicer

slicer Member

Hah.

There is no such thing. If you read up on PSX discs, you will see that they have an empty checksum that only special burners create. Therefore, you can't burn a boot disk at home.

I suggest getting yourself a good quality modchip, and either get someone qualified to install it, or do it yourself. That's what I did, and now I can burn PSX games with CloneCD.

Enjoy

4. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

I fully agree with Slicer !
    I myself have a Messiah and boots CD-r and DVD backups.
    Copied about 25 CD based games (CloneCD) and about 25 DVD based games (Nero).

What I heard in other threads is that bootdisc is a scam.

5. mogryo

mogryo Member

Ok people... There IS a boot disc for playstation, as well as playstation2.. the only way to properly burn one tho is to copy disc to disc...U can't put the info on ur computer then burn it, cuz it won't work..
    this boot disc does NOT require a mod chip which is great news...anywayz.. here is the link to read more about it.. its called PS-X-change -- http://store.infocheats.com/playstation.html

have fun!

6. Wizkid

Wizkid Active member

Do you have it yourself, becausse I don't believe in these things..I've read earlier about such a disk but...no way.

It says nothing about PS2 !!! so...?
    I believe it will only boot PS1 copies (and imports) on a PS1 with this bootdisk.

Do you have one tested ??

7. bluebus

bluebus Regular member

I know of something called swap magic but I think you still need some type of mod to use it. Even if there was such a boot disc where you could boot games with no modchip, you certainly would not be able to burn a copy of it. Well, you could burn it, but there's no way it would work.

8. pjclark1

pjclark1 Member

i have a swap magic 2 boot disk set
    1 dvd boot disk, 1 cd boot disk
    they will boot dvd-r and cdr backups
    of PS2 games only (not ps1) and they
    still have the 74min cd TOC limitation.
    you don't need a mod chip but you have
    to be able to do the swap trick using either
    knife trick, no solder mod, flip lid
    the dvd boot disk will boot MOST dvd-r backups
    (not britneys dance beat and a few others)
    they are very easy to use and no original game is needed.
    dvdr boot
    boot with dvd boot disk
    do swap trick when it says insert disk
    swap boot dvd for backup game
    press x
    play game

they r brilliant....well worth the £20
    i got mine here http://www.psxservices.co.uk/

9. dustymod

dustymod Guest

Have ps1 boot discs works with out any mod £15

The ones on kazza work but you have to have moded your console these disc r 4 playing import games

10. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

Mogyro is totally correct. There are boot discs that do work but there are only 2. The first is for PSX/PS1, it's called PSXchange. I have used these and can tell you they work perfect. Second is the Swap Magic Discs for PS2, I have not used these but have been told from trusted people that they work as stated BUT you need to mod your system a little with either a chip or using a swipe card.

Swipe Card Info
    http://homepage.ntlworld.com/checkmate/swipe.html

Swap Magic Info
    http://www.modchip.ca/products/ps2/swap.php

PSXChange Info
    http://www.modchip.ca/products/ps/psx2.php

11. Tetsuo89

Tetsuo89 Guest

I have PSXchange and it the best thing i know of, but the lack of being able to store game shark codes is a serious anoyiance. I can't use my game shark with the tab in the slot. am i just missing something.

12. JYM

JYM Member

Can someone help me find the PS-X-CHANGE cd
    If anyone knows where I can get it or wants to trade it please contact me at Atodestroxia@hotmail.com

13. RavedoG

RavedoG Guest

I've tried about 20 different boot disks and swap tricks and it all goes down to the same ting... noting work...

I went and got myself a messiah and after that i never had a problem...

My advice: Dont waste your time looking for / burning ps2 boot cds... u will be disapointed

14. New2This

New2This Guest

Has anyone actually used the "Swipe Card"? It just seems too good to be true!!

15. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

JYM

If you click the link I have in earlier post that will take you a site that sells them.

RavedoG

If you use the REAL boot discs (Swap Magic and PSXchange) they will work. If you try to copy them it will not because these discs are "pressed" by a special machine, not burned.

New2This

I have no hands on experience with hte swipe card but know of 2 people at respected forums that use it with excellent results. Remember though, until the new version of Swap Magic comes out, the old version currently out have some very little problems with some titles (10+ or so).

16. phatboy

phatboy Guest

I'm trying to play ps1 backups and I can't get them to boot..I keep getting the pink border around the starfield background... I have a ps2 v7 using the no solder mod and the swap magic boot disk version 2. what is the problem...? I can boot my originals fine...but haven't tried ps2 dvd-r or ps2 cd=r yet.. I only tried ps1 backup.. i burned and read at 4x speed, also burned using nero, cdrwin or wincdr, easy cd creator , and clone cd 4. And it still doesnt work... Any ideas?

17. DarknessX

DarknessX Member

hey guys i have a question, i have burned a 2 disc playstation (orginal old playstation) game and when it says insert disc 2 i do so with the copyed disc 2 and it wont work so i was wondering if any one knew how?

18. NaviX

NaviX Member

it's so great to find a forum like this, i am sure like me many of you have been downloading boot cds from psx and psone that promised miracles, in many formats (cdi, nero, bin, you name it), but none of them worked, i wasted 10 cds thinking it will pay off when i find the right one, but i guess it doesn't exist for a cd burner, what makes me wonder is why people creat and distribute ps boot disks when they don't work, shouldn't they know that they don't work, my boot disks have more chances working on my dreamcast than on my playstation, anyways...thank you all for the information, i think the best bet is to get PS-X-Change or something like it. If anyone has any suggestions or other ways to give old systems longer life spans, than please post!

19. Bobharry

Bobharry Member

Hi I've been looking around for swap discs as i don't want to void the warranty on my ps2 and all the sites i have been to say that swap magic discs dont boot psx backups so unless this is incorrect you wo'nt be able to boot the game with swap magic discs phatboy.

20. JYM

JYM Member

Well everyone do not waste burning boot discs from the net. They wont work unless you have a mode chip. I downloaded the PS-X-Change 2 and doesnt work. However it does work with a mode chip as GAME SHARK for cheat codes. The boot part on the original CDs cant be burned, no matter what CD the playstation will never read it. Unless you buy the original boot disc. All Im saying is that if you wasted CD's burning boot discs dont through them away keep them they might be useful later for Game Shark Codes. I noticed that the PS-X-Change 2 comes with a PVC CARD and a spring. Anyways here is a link so you can see for your own eyes.
    http://www.consolesource.com/installation/ps-ex2-mod/install.htm
    If you dont buy the original CD you will basically waste a CD and wont be able to use it untill you get a chip or a Original boot disc.
    However if you know someone who has the chip already and uses the boot disc you downloaded from the net, you might be able to use it as a Game Shark. The best thing to do is to download games from the net before they go away. And wait for a good mod chip to appear with low price. Untill then...