1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSX DUAL DISK? how to get to work?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by mofos, Jan 21, 2007.

1. mofos

mofos Member

so i am playin MGS the first one but is 2 disk so how do i put both in to 1 file? cuz if i make 2 files it won't read my game saves...

2. chanman1

chanman1 Regular member

if i am not mistaken, u really only play one disk at a time. If u were playing the game on the psx, you would use the first disk until u beat it, and then u would use the second disk. Just play each disk one at a time, for instance, i have FF VII and am playing the fist CD right now. then u would use the second disk and can just delete the first disk once your done. it shoudl have its own game save folder and read from there. i'm not completely sure about all this, but someone correct me if i'm wrong.

3. rsrepp

rsrepp Regular member

I know for ff7 that it will ask you to save before switching discs, so I think that is how it will work with all multi disk games. Shouldnt have any problem with it.

4. RemyKirin

RemyKirin Member

Ok first off, the only multi disk game that is having any real errors is parasite eve, and that's only because of the fact that the game makes you save after the disk change instead of before like other games. To which there is a program to fix it. I think psychospacefish made it but I could be wrong. and all it does is combine both disks into one. http://www.ps3news.com/forums/plays...n-compatibility-list-44819-15.html#post138176

Each PSX game on psp has it's own set of memory cards unless you configured and encoded the disks like I do. In your situation I recommend going into the first MGS disk folder, where the eboot is, find the MEMORYCARD1.DAT and MEMORYCARD2.DAT files and copy them over to the MGS disk 2 folder and overwrite the files. That should make it so you can load them on the second disk, if that doesn't work odds are that whoever encoded the disks to eboot form put in the wrong PSX GAme ID code. For multi disk games all the disks, when encoded, need to have the same PSX Game ID. There are programs out there to edit the PSX Eboot info if you need and here is the MGS PSX game ID = SLUS-00594. Hope this was helpful to you guys.

5. RemyKirin

RemyKirin Member

Sorry I forgot there is one more multi disk game having errors. Resident Evil 2. It's not a multi disk issue, but for those of you who wanna know, it always crashes when you try to enter the police station at the beginning. :( Shame too cuz I love that game...