1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSX games and DOSBox

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by abyss91, Jul 9, 2007.

1. abyss91

abyss91 Regular member

I have a couple of problems. FW 3.40oe-a

- Please help me with PSX games on PSP! How am I going to get them work? I have tried everything. I have tried Alcohol 120, ISO Producer, MagicISO, UltraISO and CloneCD for creating an image from my gameCDs and PSX2PSP, IceTea and Popstation for creating eboots. I got Crash Bandicoot 2, 3 and Crash Bash working using Alcohol 120 and IceTea. The rest (10+) of my PSone games create an eboot, but as I try to start them, they give me a message: "This game cannot be started. The data is corrupted." The icon looks not corrupted, though... And btw: The cds are in pretty well condition, so that shouldn't be the problem.

-Then another... How can I play DOS games on my PSP via Dosbox? I have a problem of getting the controls fit to my PSP. They say INPUTMAPping is the answer, but I fail to map the keys to PSPfit. Ex. Commander Keen 4-6. So, how to do this?

- Another problem with DOSBox: Can someone point me a list of the key combos or something for typing in DOSBoxPSP? I haven't managed to type some of the important marks, like a colon. Shifting would be nice too...

Thank you all in advance!!!

2. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

If it says file is corrupt, that means something went wrong with the conversion process. Either bad disk or bad rip. Try obtaining the iso's some other method... ...

Another thing to keep in mind is a fake memory card might cause problems for you. Try re-format your card, and then put only one eboot you want to run in it, and see if it runs.

I have no idea about dosbox.

3. abyss91

abyss91 Regular member

A fake memory card? I have a 4GB Sony Memory card. Could it be fake?

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

It could be. Where did you get it?

5. abyss91

abyss91 Regular member

The firm should be reliable. But it's still a web store here in Finland...

6. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Did you try formatting, then putting ONLY one eboot in?

7. abyss91

abyss91 Regular member

Sorry, hadn't have time yet... I'll let you know once I've tested it!

8. abyss91

abyss91 Regular member

I finally had the time and got enough interested to test formatting and putting only one eboot in my PSP. I hope you're still interested in helping me. I noticed some odd things: I formatted the card. Then I created an eboot of a game that hadn't worked before. (AutoPopStation4) It didn't work (The game could not be started. 80010002) . Then I created an eboot of a game that had worked before. It didn't work either (same error). Then I finally tried to put in the same eboot (created with Alcohol 120 and IceTea) which I had copied to my computer from the PSP before formatting the memory card. It worked then. Doesn't anymore... (same error as the two previous)

So it doesn't show corrupted data anymore. But now none of the games work. Any ideas??