1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSX Games do not boot

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by [Avenger], Apr 29, 2005.

1. [Avenger]

[Avenger] Member

Okay here is the situation. I have a v4 ps2 modded with dms4 lite. I have tried disabling the chip as well.

It recognizes everything - ps2 originals, backups, ps2cds. No matter what I do though it will not load PSX games, disabled or not, original or not.

I have tried adjusting the height to no avail. Any ideas what I can do to make it play psx again?

2. ymda03752

ymda03752 Guest

It is like that. "[bold]PS2[bold]" was made to be able to play PSone stuff.. But problem is that, the interface is quite different and it uses something like reading reverse?!!?. !! or something

It may allow some games to be playable on the Ps2. But what you actually need to play PS games is the PS.. Not the PS2. But you can use an emulator like EPSXE, PCSX or something similar...

But remember not to ask anyone for the Bios files, which u need. Generally all plugins are available all round the web... but don't go asking for Bios which may give you a kick on yer ass.

Sorry that you have 2 goo thru all dis trubl. But mayb ur PS2 is not original.. Like I say, only a few games don work with it. But I seem to have no problems with mine...

C YA letter Avenger

[​IMG]

3. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

ps2 are capable of playing ps1 games.i play them from time to time.i dont have a modchip(use swap magic)but do know some modchips have a ps1 and ps2 mode.that usually can be switched by pushing the reset button a certain way at a certain time.while in ps1 mode you cant play ps2 games and vice versa.it sounds like your chip has this feature.try finding your modchips makers webpage and check up on it.

4. skalover8

skalover8 Member

I have a v7 ps2 recently modded with dms4 ezi pro and I can't play my ps1 originals or backups either. reads ps2 original/backups fine and dvds fine. It only sees the ps1 games as audio cds. has anyone had this problem with any modchip before?

5. sui-cyco

sui-cyco Regular member

some modchips have a ps1 mode and a ps2 mode.when in ps1 mode you cant play ps2 and vice versa.usually the mode is switched by pressing the reset button at a certain time during startup.youll have to check the web to see if your mod has this feature and how to switch the modes.go to dms4 home page if they have one or do a search on dms4.