1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSX games dont work on my PS2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ShadowX14, Sep 14, 2004.

1. ShadowX14

ShadowX14 Member

ok I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place, I'm sorry if I didn't.
    I just tried to burn 2 diffirent PSX games but none is working on my PS2. The games are Resident Evil and Yugioh. Residnet evil goes to the PSX screen and it freeze there, also when my PS2 reads it, it makes a "toot, toot" sound. With Yugioh, after the PSX screen shows up, the forbidden symbole appears with some letters that I can't read because they are not visible and then nothing happens. What could be the problem? My PS2 is a V2 with DMS3 V2 . This is the first time I burn PSX games. I used CloneCD to burn them. I burnt at 8X, the brand media are Mitsumi CD-R.
    Heres what I did to burn them: Write from imagefile -> selected the .ccd file -> speed at 8X and chose "game CD" and then START to begin burning.
    The games comes with a .ccd, .img and .sub files.
    So what could be the problem?
    Thanks

2. azn_kda

azn_kda Regular member

did u try burning at 1x? i heard that it's better to burn psx with 1x.

3. ShadowX14

ShadowX14 Member

I burnt Resident Evil once again with exactly the same methods except for the burning speed, which is 1X this time but I still had the same problem at the same place. Please anyone? Cuz I want to make sure that my PS2 can read PSX games, cuz if not, ill have to go to the seller and flame him.