1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSX games not working

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by moomba, Jul 13, 2007.

1. moomba

moomba Member

High I'm new to psp homebrew etc. I'm trying to convert an ff7 iso created with alcohol120% and then trying to turn it into an eboot playable on the psp using simple Popstation GUI 2 beta by zinga burga but when i try to load the eboot on the psp it says "This game cannot be started. The data is corrupted" anyone know what is wrong? Btw I'm on 3.40 oe-a. I could really use your help. Thanks alot.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2007
  2. Sohn536

Sohn536 Regular member

do you have a umd in your umd drive
    do you have no-umd in recovery mode disabled

3. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

Make sure both the EBOOT.PBP and KEYS.BIN files are in the following location:

For FFVII
    (X):/PSP/GAME/FF7/EBOOT.PBP & KEYS.BIN

(where (X):/ is your PSP memory stick)

[EDIT: I got two posts mixed up]

Last edited: Jul 25, 2007
  4. moomba

moomba Member

It's weird Its only when i convert an iso/img. I downloaded an eboot of ff7 and it works fine but when i convert an iso/img it comes up with the error. I've even tried extracting the iso from the good eboot and converting it back again but it comes up with the error. also the same with downloaded psx iso/img's. If I convert it, it comes up with that error message. I've tried, Popstation GUI, Popstation GUI2, PSX2PSP and AutoPopstation4. All of them come up with the same error message!
    Its got me bamboozled!

P.s. I'm on Windows Vista if that makes a difference?

5. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

It sounds like alcohol doesn't work well with Simple Popstation Gui.

If you want to convert anything in the future, try using a different program like ISObuster or CloneCD and it might work better for you.