1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSX games on Uncustomized 3.40 OE-A Help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Archie26, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Archie26

Archie26 Member

I read in other posts that you cant get psx games to work on 3.40 OE-A if its customized, unless you use Lolstation or this http://www.pspbrew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8247 I have tried both and still could not get my psx game to work. I keep getting the message saying "The game could not be started (800000004)" I know that the game works cause I played it when I had 3.03 OE-C. I went into recovery and disabled everything except hide corrupt icons and even changed the kernel to 3.40, nothing. So I decided to go back down to 1.50 and back up to 3.40 OE-A, still nothing. Now before I retry lolstation and the other method can anyone think of anything else I could do. I would like to try it with a fresh uncustomized 3.40 version. The psx game in question is Syphon Filter. Thanks.

2. malinki

malinki Regular member

3.03OE PSX eboots need to be re-made to work with 3.40OE. DAX did mention it in the 3.40OE readme....

The only file that matters customisation wise is opening_plugin.rco, you can have a custom opening_plugin.rco and the original if you hex edit some files in the PSP flash to load the appropriate version at the appropriate time

I.e - call your custom plugin 0pening_plugin.rco and hex the files in flash to load F0:/vsh/resource/0pening_plugin.rco as opposed to opening_plugin.rco

3. Archie26

Archie26 Member

So do I have to remake the eboot.pbp or do I just have to change the opening_plugin.rco? or both?

4. Archie26

Archie26 Member

What program do I use to make an eboot.pbp file that works with 3.40?