1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSX games problems...

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Xithon, Jan 15, 2007.

1. Xithon

Xithon Member

I have a feeling this is down to the fact I'm using a PAL version of the game, but:

I've correctly converted and put my Crash Bandicoot 2 PSX game onto my PSP and it runs fine. The only trouble is, the screen is not centred when I'm in any of the view modes (like normal, justify, etc...) it seems to be moved down a centimetre from the top of the screen.

I think it's because it's PAL because in the readme it mentions them being dodgy, I'm borrowing a friend's NTSC game today to see if it works at all. Fingers crossed.

Any help or ideas? -It may also be because of the compression, but personally I doubt it. I may try again later with 0 compression to see if it's any better.

Any suggestions are welcome. Cheers

2. Smurff

Smurff Regular member

sounds like it's because of the pal deal. consider resolutions are slightly different, so it could leave a small space un-accounted for.. (i'm a little off on my differences between PAL and NTSC or NTSC/J so forgive me) but it does sound like the pal thing is what's giving you ur issue.

3. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

4. guano

guano Regular member

You're always gonna wanna go w/ NTSC. Dark_AleX said this himself. PAL makes the screen act funny and creates the images off centre.

5. Xithon

Xithon Member

Thanks guys for confirming what I thought, I realised only NTSC should really be tried because of the fact popstation is natively used to working with it. Or something along those lines.

Trouble is I've only got PAL games and now this NTSC game to try. Could turn to downloads if I got really desperate, but I've got so many PSX games already.

That sounds like a very tasty app though, ggbarnum, I'll try that now and see what the results are like. Thanks a lot for the link, all being well I'll be able to shove a bunch of my games on here with confidence they'll work.

I'll report back with results soon with Crash Bandicoot 2 PAL :)