1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psx games

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by dsdavis6, Jan 16, 2007.

1. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

hi i ripped my own games, tomb raider 2 and worms. i have converted it and followed numerous guides strictly. tomb raider 2 works until i select new game then it fails... worms will not load at all... i have tried different settings such as changing the pal to ntsc converter etc. still no luck. do u think this is because my games are pal or there just not compatible or am i just missing something...

2. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

I just converted TR2 from a PAL CD yesterday, and it works perfectly. I didn't use the PAL to NTSC correction feature cos I forgot to tick the box, but the in game screen adjust resolved any problems.

What are you using to convert ?

3. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

popstation gui by zinga... well may i ask what firmware you are running and does it fit to the screen correctly as the bit that did work 4 me didnt fit properly it was to low so if i went fullscreen or even the second option (dont remember the name) i had the bottom cut out... how big was your eboot btw? thanks

4. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

I'm running 3.03OEA firmware.

Initially the screen was too low, but if you select the sunglasses from the Tomb Raider main menu and adjust upwards it fitted perfectly.

I used this to convert,

http://www.psp-hacks.com/2007/01/11/simple-popstation-gui-v221-beta

but forgot to tick the PAL to NTSC fix box, which should fix screen alignment problems. Once converted and compressed at level 9 I think the EBOOT was around 500MB

5. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

ok im thinking i may just have a bad rip then scratched disc or something... because i used that converter to and i tried it with and without pal settings... which is very depressing :'(

6. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

Have you managed to convert any other discs using the same method ?

Possibly an error in the way the games are being ripped from the CD's ?

[EDIT] The disk I got the file from was ripped to an .img file using CloneCD

Last edited: Jan 16, 2007
  7. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

well no i havent actually tried anythin but worms and TR2... worms no luck at all and TR2 is just not gettin past the main menu... the fact they were both having the same problem on a pc emulator when i just tried tells me that it probably isnt the conversion... it must be either the way im ripping or the disc. i tried magic iso by just opening the disc drive and saving its contents but i had no luck with that iso at all and the iso was only like 200mb which didn seem right. now im using cdrwin just "extracting" the disc 2 a .bin

8. ggbarnum

ggbarnum Regular member

Try CloneCD and rip to a .img file, it should work fine.

9. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

ok il try it thanks 4 ur help il let u know how it goes

10. dsdavis6

dsdavis6 Regular member

ok i now know that its my "eng" folder that is corrupt on the disk... could you please make an archive and send it to me if i pm you my email. it should be no more then 1mb?