1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psx on psp help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by anakafsel, Jan 11, 2007.

1. anakafsel

anakafsel Member

hi,
    i recently updated my firmware to dark_alex 303OE-A.Thanks to him for his work.
    My only problem is can someone guide me using popstation/psx2psp to be able to play psx games.
    My problem is (- Get the Hot shots 2 game of the playstation store, and its keys.bin, and put it in the same directory than popstation, renaming it from EBOOT.PBP to BASE.PBP.).I read the "readme" in popstation,all i get is blank!
    how do u get that?coz thats the initial thing that u gotta do.
    then the compression and all that.
    Can sumone thats patient please help me go thru this process...?

thx

please...please...please...

2. james2k7

james2k7 Member

hav u got hotshots two n wot fw are u on

3. anakafsel

anakafsel Member

firmware 3.03OE-A n got those two files BASE.PBP & KEYS...wats next???
    appreciate it man!!!

4. enral

enral Regular member

Ok, I have a 100% working method that is easy and not complicated, just follow these instructions and you'll be playing ur ps1 games b4 you know it.

1. Download these 2 applications from here:
    CDRwin: http://www.goldenhawk.com/cdrwin.htm
    ZiNgA BuRgA's popstation: http://www.psp-hacks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?id=60371

Put PSX game that ya wanna rip in the computer drive.
    2. Run CDRwin, choose to extract disc, choose a title for ur game and press start.
    3. Run Zinga's popstation and browse for the bin file that is ripped from ur ps1 disc and click "go".
    4. After the processing's done, look in your output folder you selected and you should see a EBOOT.PBP and KEYS.BIN file. Place these in ms0:\PSP\GAME\ folder and you're ready to go.

Note that you will not need hotshots bin file and you can use the same game id for multi-disk games.

5. anakafsel

anakafsel Member

1.can i use alchohol instead of CDRwin???
    2.those EBOOT.PBP and KEYS.BIN from hotshot should be all under popstation folder?plus the iso??
    (therefore:in that folder there is iso,eboot.pbp,keys.bin,bin file ripped from the psx cd)
    3.the processed files should be in ms0:\PSP\GAME\???not in ms0:\PSP\GAME150 or ms0:\PSP\GAME303???

shot man

6. enral

enral Regular member

1) No, use CDRwin will be better.
    2)Nope, you just need to put the eboot.pbp and the keys.bin in your psp. You can delete the rest.
    3)Both files should be in ms0:\PSP\GAME\(Create any folder will do, eg if you are puting MGS, just name the folder MGS.)

Eg. -> ms0:\PSP\GAME\MGS

7. anakafsel

anakafsel Member

thx enral....
    i owe u one!!!

8. enral

enral Regular member

No prob. =) Seeing that many people have this problem I'll be creating a faq on this.