1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSX PSP Help

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by sinsaint, Feb 1, 2007.

1. sinsaint

sinsaint Guest

Hi, i just went and borrowed Metal Gear Solid from my mate and want to know how to get this on to my psp as its one of my all time favorite games.

i dont have a ps2 or a ps3 (yet) but i have my laptop with dual layer dvd writer which probably doesnt matter, but is their a program i need to rip the game? what settings should i rip it in?

how do i get it working on my psp?

any help or guides to a link would be nice, i can handle the non noob guides but anything will do to get this working on my psp.

2. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

first u need psp that can run homebrew. then get fastloader, umddaxdumper, or any other dumping utitily for UMD's and dump it to your memory stick on your PSP.

3. sinsaint

sinsaint Guest

im on 3.03oe-c and i want to know how i RIP a playstation 1 disk onto my pc and get it working on my psp, if you get what i mean.

i have New UMD Dumper v2.0

any other programs i need for my pc to rip the game and my psp to get it working or will it work just like any other of m iso games.

4. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

Ah im sorry i was thinking PSP version of MGS. Well u can either download it or u can stick the Disc in ur drive and u should be able to copy with ultraiso or magiciso. make sure to copy it as a .bin file tho.

5. sinsaint

sinsaint Guest

ahh i get you, get it to .bin format and then convert to iso/cso using umdgen. cheers for the info

6. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

No dont convert it to ISO. You dont play PSX ISO's on ur psp. the bin's have to be converted to PSX Eboots.

7. sinsaint

sinsaint Guest

what program should i use to create this eboot after i have created the .bin?

8. hexitnow

hexitnow Active member

search for simple popstation gui by zinga burga. psp-hacks.com

9. Jpmcleary

Jpmcleary Member

So I've been trying for a couple days now off and on to learn how to rip iso's from some of my ps1 games and then convert them into eboot files to be played on my psp and I'm doing something wrong... I've read a number of different forum threads on it and watched even a couple of tutorials, but just can't seem to mirror it... any help would be awesome...

Here's what I'm doing:

- running 3.03 oe-c
    - started to try to figure out how to rip using nero or clonecd, couldn't do it
    - used MagicISO to pull FF7d1's image file as a standard iso and uif
    - found popstation.exe and it's other files (ie datapsp) in the 3.03 oe-c .rar package
    - put all of these in the same directory and attempted to run popstation out of the dos command line. Failed
    - As a side note, downloaded FF tactics as a torrent and was able to run it perfectly on my psp out of the Game folder... so I know it works...

Really, I'm honestly just not sure which files are crucial out of the popstation folder and a couple of the .rar packages that I opened had a few different ones...

Any point in the right direction would be much appreciated. Sorry if it's redundant... Thanks!!

10. rsrepp

rsrepp Regular member

Search Psx2Psp, simple comverter works wonders. If you can figure it out using that then there is no hope for you.

11. Jpmcleary

Jpmcleary Member

Good deal! I'll give it a try! Thanks!