1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psx roms/isos

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by sasha71, Nov 7, 2007.

1. sasha71

sasha71 Guest

hi ive done a fue searches for psx roms but just get confused
    am i better off with roms or isos and how should i word my search as a lot of places want you to download something i dont need just to loo at what roms they have, or they are rar files numbered 1 to 4? i just want the rom dont i?

2. MonoSoft

MonoSoft Regular member

im guessing you mean psx roms for psp.. because you'll need to convert them from ISO or BIN files, not split up RAR files..

to convert those files you'll be needing POPStation... to convert the games into EBOOT.PBP and CUE.BIN which you put on the psp..

3. sasha71

sasha71 Guest

ok so i download popstation then what do i need to search for? for a game

4. sasha71

sasha71 Guest

ok so i download popstation then what do i need to search for? when i look for psx games

5. psplw

psplw Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2007
  6. sasha71

sasha71 Guest

GOT A FUE eboot files but they wont start. ive put a folder in the game folder. but wont start up any ideas

7. MonoSoft

MonoSoft Regular member

i can't advice you of where to get psx games, as that is against AfterDawn Policy, there is a way to backup your already obtained psx games (PS-One Discs) using a program called CD-RWin. POPStation simply converts those ISO/BIN files into EBOOT.PBP and KEYS.BIN (Both important to the game), this file type is practically only compatible with the PSP.

CD-RWin: Here
    POPStation: Here (this link is from PSP-Hacks.com so it's trustworthy ^_^)

if you want to obtain psx games from other methods, search P2P on AfterDawn.com ^_^ (-coughs-.torrent file)

@Sasha 71, what version are you running? (an M33?) if so you'll need to put POPSloader Plugins into a new folder in the Root of your Memory Stick called seplugins, then activate them using the recovery menu. ^_^

8. MonoSoft

MonoSoft Regular member

*seplugins