1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psx saved games

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by pacxamaru, Apr 2, 2007.

1. pacxamaru

pacxamaru Member

I've got a version 3.10OE firmware, and I'm trying to get the suikoden 2 game to read the suikoden 1 memory card, but with no luck. both games work perfect, but even copy and pasting the memory card info into the suikoden 2 save folder doesnt work.
    so my question is, is their any way to get a psx game to read from another psx games memory card.

2. ps2gen

ps2gen Regular member

What do you mean??

3. luke16

luke16 Guest

you know how some games will let you load your items and points from the previous game into the next one? i think this is what he is talking about.

try makeing them have the same game id (like sclus 854787) go to the ms0:/psp/saves and find the one that you want. you need a program to change them called popstation. they have it at qj.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 8, 2007
  4. pacxamaru

pacxamaru Member

Well i dont know if you've ever played suikoden 2, but it gives you the option of loading data from the memory card with suikoden 1 information, and it gives you some bonuses. Recently I finished Suikoden 1 on the psp, and have the save information on my psp in the memcard1 file.

Now I was wondering if it was possible to get Suikoden 2 to read the Suikoden 1 memcard1 file. I've tried all the basic stuff such as switching names of folders, even memcard1 files I switched, but when I switch them, the game wont load. So i dont know what else I can do. I also got the cheat file for loading cheats, with memory card addition. But i havent found anything that would help me.

So, does anyone know what i should do.

Ohh, I see what you mean with popstation, is there any way to just manipulate the memcard though. redoing a half-gig file does seem tedious for just reading the memcard though. Although if nothing else is possible, I'll have no choice. (of course I could just play without the extra files, but wheres the fun in that.)

Last edited: Apr 16, 2007