1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSX to Xbox......some help? please

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by syntax101, May 27, 2005.

1. syntax101

syntax101 Member

I've gotten a working PSX(Playstation) emualtor up and running on my mod Xbox. However, I am having some trouble getting any games to work. I've heard you need to rip the original PSX game CD(which I have) to PC and make xiso format to be played on Xbox? What software would be used for converting PSone to xiso? What software should be used for rip and/or what settings best for burn with Alcohol 120% or Nero(I have both). Thanks in advance for help anyone please will give!

2. stonie228

stonie228 Member

3. syntax101

syntax101 Member

Thanks for the link. I am not having any problems copying a game as a bin/cue to the game folder for PSXbox and playing them from the hard drive. However, as big as some PSX games are, like FF7(over 1GB for all 3 disks w/ the movies), even if I put a 200gb hard drive in my Xbox it would fill up way too fast with all the games I have. I'm trying to find a way to load them from a burnt CDRW or DVDR to play. I have tested my Xbox and I have no problems reading CDRW or DVDR disks, but PSXbox for some reason won't work to read from my DVD drive in my Xbox. If I burn the bin/cue as an image to a CDRW, it doesn't even recognize the game on the CD. If I burn the bin/cue as bin/cue onto a CD instead of an image, it locates them, but when I go to tell it to load the game from the disk, it crashes out back to the main PSXbox screen. And yes i've checked the compatibility lists and am trying using games that are "supposedly" tested to work with PSXbox. I have no problem loading them from the hard drive, but I want to load them from CDRW or DVDR to save space on my hard drive.

4. stonie228

stonie228 Member

Hi syntax101
    Ive never used psxbox. So I cant realy tell you how to do this, but I did find another thread if you want to have a look. This thread makes it sound easy. Post back with your results cause I have some old psx games in the attic I may wish to play in the future.
    http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=255004&hl=
    Good luck