1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

psx2 backups, how to load?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by markya, Nov 22, 2003.

1. markya

markya Member

i have latest PAL version of psx2. what do i need the the way of disks,slide tool etc to load my backups? i hear about swap magic also but unsure as to what to purchase.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

is it a version 9 ps2

3. markya

markya Member

how do i find version of psx2?

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

5. markya

markya Member

50003, so it is v9

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

a lot of people have been reporting here that the swap magic version 2 cd wont load on v9 ps2 consoles but the v2 dvd disc works think if you can wait till swapmagic v3 is released cd and dvd that would be your best bet but if you cant then go for the swapmagic v3 cd and v2 dvd sets that are avalible

7. markya

markya Member

what is the best solution for v9 psx2?
    chip, disks?

8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

basicly it comes down to this mod chips are more expensive and dificult to fit(if your not very good at soldering then you will have to pay to have it fitted as well)but boot virtualy all games from just inserting your backup just like the orignal.swap disc are cheap and easy to use but you have to swap disc's to boot games with either a flip lid or slide card

9. markya

markya Member

is it true mod chips are more reliable, play more titles than swap disks?

10. Drustan

Drustan Guest

Guys I have a version 9 ps2, its the silver platinum edition. I have the messiah modchip installed and works flawlessly on ps1 cdr, ps1 originals, ps2 originals & backups. The boot method has changed on the version 9 for ps1 cdr backups. They do cost a bit more than any other method, but there are less problems and hassles, and they are worth the extra few bob. It is my understanding that the messiah chip is the only one that works with version 9 ps2, but I could be wrong on that one. I would advise that if you have no experience on soldering etc, get it professionally done, because fitting a modchip into a ps2 is a bit tricky, it is not straightforward.
    If you want to know the methods for booting up backups on your ps2, irrespectifully the version you have, just go to the messiah site and download the pdf file for your particular version.
    By the way FIFA 2004 is awesome