1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PSX2PSP 1.2 Popstation GUI Game ID and Save ID Problems

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Homebrew software' started by PreZBren, Nov 23, 2007.

1. PreZBren

PreZBren Member

I have over five hours of gameplay with Final Fantasy VIII (Game ID SLUS00892 and Save ID SLUS00892) on my PSP (3.71 M33 Update 3) and the game froze up. I managed to save it a bit before it froze, though. Afterwards, I did some research on google and first found that the game ID for Breath of Fire IV (SLUS01324) was supposed to be the fix for Final Fantasy VIII, but found out later that it still froze up. Then, I did some more research and found out that the most compatable game ID for Final Fantasy VIII was Dino Crisis (SLPS02180). The only problems is a slow junction system, freezes with Zell's limit break Burning Rave and battles with Wendigos in the Dollet Forest and possible freezes when battling Sorceress Adel. All are tolerable.

Now, what I wanted and attempted to do was go back to the PSX2PSP program and convert my Final Fantasy VIII PSX image to an EBOOT.PBP using the Dino Crisis game ID (SLPS02180) and Final Fantasy VIII (SLUS00892)as the save ID so I can recover my old game saves from the freeze-prone Final Fantasy VIII (SLUS00892) game ID.

The results did not allow me to recover my old game saves, but I confirmed that I was using the Dino Cris (SLUS02180) game ID to run Final Fantasy VIII due to the slow junction system. Because of this, I did some more research and found that there may be a bug in which I would have to switch the game ID and the save ID in the PSX2PSP program for it to work correctly. This allowed me to recover my old game saves, but the PSP was not using the Dino Crisis (SLPS02180) game ID because my junction system was not slow and I froze up in battle. These were indications that the PSP was probably using the Final Fantasy VIII game ID (SLUS00892) instead of the Dino Crisis (SLPS02180) game ID that I originally used.

I then attempted to change the gamesave data on the memory stick to to see if it would let me recover my old game save data, but it just showed up as corrupted in the PSP's XMB, so I changed it back.

So, my question is:

What do I need to do to be able to recover my old game save data from the Final Fantasy VIII (SLUS00892) save ID so that I can resume playing Final Fantasy VIII on the Dino Crisis (SLPS02180) game ID?

Has the author of PSX2PSP, KingSquitter, released bug fixes that I am not aware of?

I apologize for such a lengthly post, but I wanted to be as much detailed as I could to help everyone to understand my problem.

If all else fails, I'll just start a new game. It's only five hours, right?

-PreZBren

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. thereiam

thereiam Member

i just wanna no 1 thing, where did u get ffviii frm and is it an ISO, can u post a link

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

@thereiam
    No - piracy is not allowed.

And your post is totally off topic - if you can't help PreZBren then don't post off topic comments.