1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ptc-xxx.001 help with this file!!!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by okboz, Nov 22, 2004.

1. okboz

okboz Regular member

I recently acquired a download of a particular game i own to see if i could back it up, more of an experiment really, and i got a folder full of file extensions such as ptc-xxx.001 numbered up to .074 and an .sfv file. As i am a noobie i now havn't got a clue waht to do with the files and don't recognise the ptc extension whatso ever. Is it similar to a Winrar file and do they need opening and with which programme? How do i burn the files to dvd from here? any help would be appreciated and directing to any appropriate guides would be great

Cheers in advance,

Boz

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

you need to extract the image file from the split archive to do this load up win rar and browse to the folder were all the pieces are stored, then hold down the control key on your keyboard and click all the files from 001 to 074, when they are all selected click the extract button and win rar will extract the image file for you

3. egomaniac

egomaniac Regular member

I have a similar problem but when i select all files manually and try to extract, winrar gives me a message "No Archives". Help.

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

best guess you have either got an incomplete download or some corrupt files

5. egomaniac

egomaniac Regular member

Ok here is another problem. I have a bunch of tar files but some of them are not of the uniform size. Most are 15mb each but some are smaller mb in size. So when i go to extract the mpg winrar can't do it. It just hangs and i have to close it. So does anyone know how to overcome this problem?