1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pulp Fiction

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by nuklehead, Nov 13, 2003.

1. nuklehead

nuklehead Member

Anyone backed this up? I have the first edition of that came out of this movie, so there are no special features or anything, but when I use DVD Shrink it has to compress it to %57, and thats if I re-author. Anyone gotten better quality on this movie than this?

2. koola

koola Guest

Try it in CloneDVD and see how much it compresses. I bet it won't be much!

3. yuedana

yuedana Regular member

how does clone dvd do less compression. I thought if you have a 8 gb movie and want it to be 4 gb, then that is 50% if there is constant compression. Does clone have variable like dvd2one. and when it does variable, (eg 8gb to 4 gb) does it call that compression a different number than 50%?

Just wondering.

4. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

Nucklehead,
    You're lucky youcan get that far! I have the same edition of the DVD, and no DVD-Rom drive will even recognize the disc. I've tried it om 4 PCs and none has even recognized taht a deisc is in the drive, thus there is not even an error message to provide a clue as to what is happening,
    Works great on standalones though....

5. koola

koola Guest

Try my guides below:

6. nuklehead

nuklehead Member

Thanks for the help guys, but Im running into another problem. Shrink reads it just fine, but then when I go to back it up, it gives me an error half way threw ripping. Its the same error you get when you need to let the dvd play for a couple of minutes. But I tried that and it didnt work. The disc has some pretty nasty marks on the bottom(got it from Blockbuster), so im gonna try taking it to a friends house and see if his computer will rip it. I would try Decryptor and DVD2one, but I dont have the HD space. Again, thanks for the responces!

7. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

If DVD Decrypter doesnt rip it (aprat form Smart Ripper) there aint much chance of it being ripped. You might try to repair the disc and try again.

8. koola

koola Guest

Try AnyDVD, then copy the DVD using Nero or CloneDVD etc.

9. guydogg

guydogg Member

I have backed up Pulp Fiction, without problem.

Just used dvdecryptor, dvd2one, and nero 5.9.9.0

I only burn the movie, no menus, extras..etc.

10. nuklehead

nuklehead Member

yeah, it was the disc. I went and got a new copy and it worked fine. Thanks :)