1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Punisher Backup

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by MRSIRCOOK, Feb 4, 2005.

1. MRSIRCOOK

MRSIRCOOK Regular member

Im trying to back up the punisher, i musing dvd decrypter as described in the guide in the faq question of this section of this forum, but i am only getting, the small little .iso files with an accompanying mds file, i wanna get that one big 4gb file so i can instantly burn it back to disc...what am i doing wrong, what other freeware is good..holla back

2. MRSIRCOOK

MRSIRCOOK Regular member

i have now read into backing up some more and have come to find out that theres alot more work into backing up an xbox game, but is there a simpler way, i wanted to use dvd decrypter to rip it to my comps hd, but as said above that only gave me some small iso file, i want the big file one time to back up, or is that little small file just enough to be copied and played again.....holla back

3. Teabagga

Teabagga Member

Im trying to backup my punisher too can you still back it up even with the small iso?

4. MRSIRCOOK

MRSIRCOOK Regular member

im trying to find this same fact out, it is copy protected, i dont know whats causing the small iso, i know it should be like gb...holla back..if you get a bigger size from any other software

5. Teabagga

Teabagga Member

ok ill look into it

6. cpd189

cpd189 Member

I backed up the punisher successfully. What you can do is use xboxisotool to build your iso. Then use alcohol to burn your iso to a dvd. That should work just fine. Let me know how it turned out. make sure you rename your iso to say ".iso" before you burn it with alcohol.

7. MRSIRCOOK

MRSIRCOOK Regular member

thats all cool, but did you burn the small iso that you got

8. solidcad

solidcad Member

9. cpd189

cpd189 Member

Its small (2.01gb)....I burned that iso successfully

10. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest

MRSICOOK, sounds to me like your trying to back up a game directly from your pc dvd-rom. If your trying to do that you will only get a small file, probably about 14MB. A PC can't read original xbox games. You need to FTP into your MODIFIED xbox to get the proper files. Once you have the files you've ftp'd over from your xbox to your pc, then you can use qwix, or xiso to recompile and burn with dvd decrypter. An original xbox game CANNOT be backed up with just a PC. You must use a modded xbox and pc together.

11. MRSIRCOOK

MRSIRCOOK Regular member

that was the answer i was looking for, now i can go and try that method, i though you could have done it right from your pc then burn.......can someone now psot the url of a guide i an follow to do this...holla back

12. llongtheD

llongtheD Guest