1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

purchased a pioneer A05, what is the most reliable media?

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Tosca, Jun 20, 2003.

1. Tosca

Tosca Guest

I have a sony dru 500ax and it crapped out on me. After six successful burns yesterday using memorex dvd+RW I started getting two problems.

1) spots- rendering the disc unreadable
    2) illegal medium error (I had just burned six discs successfully before this occurred)

Either the drive crapped out on me or Sony sucks...probably the latter

Anyway, I ordered the pioneer A05 and was wondering what the most reliable media is for this particular drive.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

3. allin

allin Regular member

I have burned more than 100 ritek G04s and everyone was successful.

4. g1neo

g1neo Guest

Good Move!! Ive got the same burner and i've burned loads of Princo whitetops at 4x speed with no problems also the link below they are only 95p each Bargain!!http://www.pctechcomputers.com/viewProducts.asp?cat=31

5. Tosca

Tosca Guest

Thanks for the info. However I am archiving for the long run. Are Riteks reliable in the long run? No sense in burning something and five years down the road they become coasters.

I am in the US, and am a bit uneasy about trying sites like Allmediaoutlet.com, meritline.com, etc etc, since they seem to be in the business of ripping you off. I tried Allmediaoutlet.com and was not pleased with their service and honesty.

I noticed that allmediaoutlet.com is selling some branded Riteks (can't cheat ya there right?), I'll buy some and try 'em out.