1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Purchasing from easybuy2000.com

Discussion in 'PS2' started by dunwich, Jun 18, 2003.

1. dunwich

dunwich Member

First off, I want to say hello to everyone here. For the past week or so I have been reading through the AfterDawn.com web site and forums. I have been able to gather a lot of useful information and get a number of my questions answered regarding DVD and PS2 backups.

However, now I have a question, and I registered so that I could ask it. Through my reading on this website I have decided to purchase a Messiah 2 modchip. Because apparently some money is kicked back to this website if I buy from easybuy2000.com using the affiliate link from here, I decided to buy from them. I placed my order a week ago, and shortly after received my email confirmation stating it would take up to 48 hours to process my order and 3-5 days to ship.

Since a week has passed, I decided to check on the status of my order. When I use the online form at easybuy2000.com, it states my order status is pre-order. However, their web site lists the item as being in stock. I tried to register for their forums to post an inquiry, but I never received the email which would allow me to activate my account. I then tried to submit my inquiry using their live chat program. Again, no response.

I suppose I should stop this long-windedness and get to my question: Has anyone from here experienced problems like this with easybuy2000.com before? Searching these forums seems to yield mostly positive results, with only a few problems. Am I just one of the unlucky ones? Or am I just impatient?

Thanks in advance for any input, and thanks to all the folks who contribute to the AfterDawn.com website to make it such a great resource.

2. Oner

Oner Moderator Staff Member

3. dunwich

dunwich Member

Thanks for the tips! I'll start with the PM and see what happens.

4. abstrakt

abstrakt Member

Read their news window!!!

They just recieved the messiah chip the 17th, and are sending orders out now.. If you've gotten your order by now, or when you do (should be a few days) you should reply here to let everyone know they are a good business..

5. dunwich

dunwich Member

The news window is blank. It doesn't say anything. So far I am unimpressed with their customer service.

I will come back here with a full write-up of my experience once the transaction is finished. To be fair to easybuy2000.com, I will not pass judgement until the process is completed.

6. abstrakt

abstrakt Member

Well... When I go to the site, this is exactly what I see..

Matrix Shipping

June 17th: The Matrix is now in stock and will ship for all current and back-orders within 48 hours. We thank you for your patience and understanding

7. GoFreakGo

GoFreakGo Member

Just give them a phone call. I did, and they shipped my order right away.

8. dunwich

dunwich Member

abstrakt1: The news is still blank for me. Perhaps their html code is invalid, and so it doesn't show up properly in Mozilla. What browser are you using?

That's great...for people who bought a Matrix. I purchased the Messiah 2 PRO. Those are two different mod chips, and therefore that news item doesn't apply to me.

gofreakgo: I think I finally got through to them; they billed my credit card yesterday. I shouldn't have to place a phone call requesting that they ship a product seven days after I receive an email saying they will ship it within 48 hours.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2003
  9. abstrakt

abstrakt Member

Yeah, I know what you ordered. I just didn't paste it all.. Sorry, this was also there..

The PS2 Messiah2 Pro v.1.30 is now in stock and ready to ship! Be sure to place your order today

10. abstrakt

abstrakt Member

oh and im using an old version of IE.. I think 5.0.. I just havent upgraded after my format :eek:

11. dunwich

dunwich Member

Thanks for the reply, and for letting me know that was in the news items. Apparently I need to run Windows and IE in order to tell that my item was out of stock.

I wonder why during my entire email conversation with their support people, none of them mentioned this? It's aggravating, to say the least. A simple response of "Sorry, that was out of stock when you ordered it." would have been nice. Instead they gave me the run-around.

Oh well, my order has supposedly been filled. This may all work out in the end.