1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Purposeful PSP Brick?

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Karatekun, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Karatekun

Karatekun Member

I've had my PSP for 3-4 months, so it's still warranted by Sony, correct? If I brick it purposefully and send it in, are they obliged to replace it? I sent their customer service a question asking them about this, so I'll await their response and ask for you guys' opinion. I'm really tired of having FW 3.11, so I'm either gonna trade my PSP in for a lower FW at a pawn shop or something, or get Sony to do it for me.

2. MetalGeat

MetalGeat Regular member

DONT DO IT! I just called sony, the lady said unless I have the proof of purchase, it will cost 89 dollars to fix!

3. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

A lot of people do it, but end up with a higher firmware. There excuse will be usually "I updated my system, but shut it off half way though" or something. If your willing to spend 89 dollars, you might as well just get the modchip.

4. Karatekun

Karatekun Member

Oh seriously? They make you pay to repair it? That's crap.

5. MidnightJ

MidnightJ Guest

Yeah and $90 later you'll probably have firmware 3.40 and wonder why you purposley bricked it. If your sick of waiting for a 3.11 downgrader, then i suggest the modchip.