1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Purposely Brick and Restore to 1.5??

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by be4dusk, Dec 9, 2007.

1. be4dusk

be4dusk Member

A friend of mine has Sony FW 3.03 on his PSP. We don't have an unpatched copy of GTA or Lumines. I do have a MMC and a Pandora batt though. Any way to purposely brick his PSP to the restore to 1.5, and then install CFW after???

2. Ganon007

Ganon007 Regular member

Just insert the pandora with the magic MS and choose to downgrade to 1.50 option.

3. bu22ard

bu22ard Regular member

as poster above says, you don't need to brick it to be able to use pandora...
    but connecting via usb and deleting flash 0 would do the job :)

4. tompsp

tompsp Guest

Or you could get an ultimate magic memory stick and get straight to 3.71 m33 - 2

you use the same battery ( I think) just alter the memorystick. It probably would be alot quicker than 1.50 -> 3.52 m33 -> 3.52 m33-4 etc.

5. be4dusk

be4dusk Member

Now I'm confused. Why would anyone go through all the steps listed on the different downgrade guides when all it takes is one push of a button with a MMC and a pandora's battery?

And how do I go about getting an "Ultimate" MMC??

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

As far as I know there is no way to access flash0 with an official firmware PSP.

Because some users might not have a friend or a PSP that has custom firmware to create the Pandora Battery + magic memory Stick. So using a downgrader would be there only option.

Go HERE for the Pandora's Ultimate Magic Stick.

Or go HERE and use the easy installer. When it ask what option you want for the Magic Memory Stick choose option 4 Universal Unbricker which will install straight to 3.71 M33-2 custom firmware.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2007