1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

pushing shrink to the max

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by hursty, Jan 8, 2005.

1. hursty

hursty Active member

what is seen as a sensible file size for shrink to handle?at which point is a movie file to big to compress onto 1 dvd?without too much of a reduction in quality....
    6gb/7gb/8gb.when do decide a large file has to do on 2 dvd5's.
    regards hursty.

2. oasis

oasis Guest

I`ve tried several times with backups between 70-75 % compression,and i would say that anything below 75 % is not worth spending time at.Tried both deep comp etc with shrink and diff media with shrink,but still,thats the limit for me.

3. oasis

oasis Guest

I`ve tried several times with backups between 70-75 % compression,and i would say that anything below 75 % is not worth spending time at.Tried both deep comp etc with shrink and diff media with shrink,but still,thats the limit for me.

4. creaky

creaky Moderator Staff Member

i disagree personally. when i first got into this burning malarkey i used to just do whole disc, menus and all. so usually the compression was around 55%. i certainly couldn't tell the difference, even on a big tv. nowadays i do 80% or more , but only due to doing movie only and having more space to play with..

5. J_man

J_man Regular member

once the compression ratio is 60% I would just rip the movie instead of full backup.