1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Put Multiple avi on single DVD-R

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by fallguy26, Nov 1, 2003.

1. fallguy26

fallguy26 Guest

I have searched all over the net to find a solution to this, hopefully you guys will be a able to help....
    I Borrowed a DVD from my sister, and it had on it 3 films (no chapters mind). i would like to know how this was done. she told me her mate just put them on and didnt encode them to mpeg. any help would be greatful...thanks

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well if the Movies are on DVD and they Play on a DVD Player then they had to be encoded at some point to Mpeg unless the Original Files were allready in Mpeg format..If you look at the Directories on the DVD and see a Video_TS folder with Vob and IFO and BUP files in it then it is a Regualr DVD in Mpeg format..Some DVD Players will Play Mpeg-4/DivX files But I do not believe they will play on DVD just on CD-R, and the DVD Player has to specificly support the Mpeg-4 Format which not many do...
    So what do you want to know??? How to Put Movies on a DVD-R or how to put 3 Movies on a DVD-R???

3. fallguy26

fallguy26 Guest

Thankyou!
    I would like to know how to put three movies onto a dvd-r, i have shrunk 3 down to less than 4.3gb but dont know how to put them onto a dvd.
    when i did it i had to keep fast farwarding to the next movie.... all the vob/ifo's are in different folders.... please help if you can....

4. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well you can"t put 3 movies on a DVD-R this way..All of the files would have to be Formated together and outputted to One DVD Folder...You never said how you made these Folders and how you shrunk them so it is Hard for me to give you any instructions...Usually you would need to rip all of the movies seperately then encode them with a Mpeg encoder then author them to DVD together with a DVD authoring Program.....

5. fallguy26

fallguy26 Guest

Thankyou Minion,
    Sorry for not making my self clear... i need a good DVD authoring program that will let me put my series on dvd.... the program that will let me make a dvd menu... i have tried dvdit and dvdlab but i think there too hard... can you point me in the right direction

6. Minion

Minion Senior member

Well if you think they are too hard especially DVD-Lab , Then I think you should Give up right now...DVD-Lab is As easy as they get while still being Functional...The Only one I know that is even easier than DVD-Lab But I don"t like Because it has Crappy Menu options is "Tmpgenc DVD author", you can find it at h**p://www.tmpgenc.net/ ...it is a 30 day fully working Demo ...well good Luck

7. fallguy26

fallguy26 Guest

Minion, i found a tutorial for dvd lad on the net and fiddled about with it for a bit (nearly 5 hours) as a result of that and your help i have finally managed to complete my problem... thankyou very much...and yet again your right...tmpg dvd author is crap....regards