1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Put Saved Data on PS3?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by DrZack, May 23, 2007.

1. DrZack

DrZack Member

I am well aware of the PS1/PS2 Adaptor being sold that allows you to transfer data from memory cards from your Playstation 1 and 2 onto the PS3, but I was wondering if there was another way around this, as I have heard? Can you put the data onto a thumb drive and transfer, or something like that? My brother owns a Ps2 with an HDD, so if I can do it that way, it'd certainly save me the money.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

2. DBM_Bones

DBM_Bones Regular member

Has anyone does this Via FTP. then to a thumb stick.

3. DJGEOJOE

DJGEOJOE Regular member

I have downloaded PS3 game saves and transferred them to my PS3 via USB memory stick and external HD. Do they have a game shark for the PS2 and PS1? I never had one but I got one for my XBOX. You could transfer the game save to the PC, then to a USB memory stick. Try to use the PS3 XMB to transfer the game save to the PS3 HDD, or perhaps load them in game from the USB memory stick. These are just suggestions, I have not tried to upload PS2 game saves, I play PS2 games on my PS2 :)

4. Footie979

Footie979 Member

Codebreaker 8 works on the PS3 (with the codes and all), but the PS3 does not recognize the USB flash drive all (the light doesn't blink), so you can't transfer PS2 saves that way. I don't have Gameshark or Pro Action Replay, so I can't test them.

I didn't try transferring them through the XMB; I assume the PS3 wouldn't recognize the Codebreaker files as valid.

I'm not aware of a way of transferring PS2 saves without a cheat device, but I'm sure when it happens, this website will have it.

http://ps2savetools.com/