1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting 2-sided DVD onto one DVD-R

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by Milcv2, Apr 5, 2007.

1. Milcv2

Milcv2 Member

I'm trying to fit Schindler's List, which takes up two sides of a DVD, onto one disc with continuous play. Is it possible to do that? If so, how? Would it be compressed too much to allow decent quality? Thanks.

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

It's possible, but are you going for a DVD5, or DVD9 backup? I'm not familiar with the disc you have. Is it a DVD10 or DVD18? How large is the content on each side? Compression is an issue, but it comes down to how much are you compressing and to what. DVD2One can easily combine the 2 sides. Just rip to the HD and use the combine feature. Then choose the format you want to record to. You can go to about 50% compression with DVD Rebuilder without too much trouble. So, figure if you're going to DVD5 or DVD9.

DVDReMake is another program that might be handy for doing the compilation job.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2007
  3. zippyd

zippyd Active member

If I remember right, your flipper is a "DVD10"
    You can use shrink in the re-author mode....
    You'll need to rip each side of the disc to you're hard drive and then compile them in shrink....
    you'll get no menus though.

Here's an animated guide to show you the basics... GUIDE

4. Milcv2

Milcv2 Member

Thanks for the help. I figured it out. The only problem is that I'm trying so use a DVD5. DVDShrink cuts me off at 43.6% compression so the movie does not quite fit on one disc.

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

You can try DVD Rebuilder with Hank's encoder (free) to compress the files to fit to DVD5. It handles compression better than Shrink. However you may get some video loss with very high compression.