1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

putting avi, asf, mpeg,mpeg movies on cd-r

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by diablo, Jul 9, 2003.

1. diablo

diablo Guest

what is the best format do i put avi,asf,mpg,mpeg movies on the cd-r to be able to play in a home dvd cd player? do i change all movie formats to what format..
    also if the movie format is larger than 70 minutes is they a program that burns them and splits them on to cd-r?
    can i burn them on to cd-r and what program (free) does that??
    do i turm then into dvd format and then to burn to cd-r?
    i got recordnow max for mp3's

what programs will i need? and what is the order

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. If you only want to be able to play your movies and crap on a computer then this is a simple affair. Simply burn the movies as data files onto a cd... in order to watch the movie just make sure that the system has the required codecs.
    2. If you absolutely require standalone DVD player support then you need to encode the movies to (S)VCD (heck even some standalones dont suppoty SVCD but there is apparently a workaround for that). Simply encode the movie to (S)VCD format using something like TMPGEnc and burn the resulting MPG file as a (S)VCD disc (as opposed to a data disc used in technique 1)

You can also fit 74/80/90/99 minutes of movie on a cd (depending on the cd type you use). If you are using technique 1, the movie can be as long as you want, you might have to drop the bitrate though (if it becomes horrible, split the file into two peices using VDub or something)_X_X_X_X_X_[small]ASUS A7V8X-X, AMD2500+
    Samsung 1024MB, PC2700
    360GB [3x120GB, 7200, 8MB]
    MSI Starforce, GeForce4 Ti4400 128MB[/small]

Last edited: Jul 10, 2003
  3. diablo

diablo Guest

is Vdub the same program as virtualdub 1.5.4 by avery lee?

4. nik99

nik99 Regular member

5. diablo

diablo Guest

i read where a 1.1 source aspect ratio is for the video to play on a computer what is the aspect ratio setting in TMPGenc for dvd/cd player?

what rate control mode and bitrate should i set it for the best quality? after reading literature on TMPGenc i still dont know what settings to use for video source type and field order and video arrange order?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2003
  6. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Use the Wizard for (S)VCD with TMPG and you should be fine