1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting DVD Labels on the disc

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by viclace, Mar 27, 2005.

1. viclace

viclace Member

Does anyone know if gluing a label on a dvd disc would screw up the movie or not? I was playing one of my movies that I downloaded and the first time I watched it it was fine. The second time I tried to watch it the picture just froze at a certain point in the movie. I don't know if our dvd player is screwed or if it could be anything to do with the label we put on the disc. I played it in my daughters dvd rom and the part that froze on our dvd player didn't on her dvd rom. It worked fine. I guess it must boil down to our dvd player probably needing a good professional cleaning. I still would like to know though if it is safe for the disc to spray glue a label onto it. Thanks

2. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Labels have been known to cause all kinds of problems.If you need to have labels, then buy a printable media, and a printer that will print on them.
    I am cheapie,I use a sharpie.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2005
  3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

I am with jim_dandy.........go with the sharpie, afterall they are only backups.......aren't they?

Hmmm, I don't think that would be a wise move.......if you do still wish to label them, then go with Mr dandy - and use printable media, unless you can find a suitable dvd labelling kit that does not throw the disc platter off balance..........

4. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

There are a number of threads discussing the benefit of using "stick on" labels. None of it good...

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

They look cool !!!!! :)

LOL I'm with everyone else on this one stick on labels are bad news, and I can tell you from personal experiance.. I used to stick labels on my disk up until about 6 months ago when I noticed some of my back ups quit working.. Never again will I use labels :) Besides it was cheaper in the long run to go with an Epson R200 printer which prints directly onto the disk. No ladels to buy and the printable media usually cost the same as the regular media so you save on having to buy the labels :)