1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

putting dvds on ur comp

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Ganj527, Dec 31, 2004.

1. Ganj527

Ganj527 Guest

i have quite an extensive dvd collection yet i hate to bring them to college with me. is there a way to rip them on your computer. i own them all so i never had to illegally rip them.

2. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

As long as you have a lot of HDD space yeah it's no problem. Just download DVD Decrypter to rip the files or to rip a ISO image to you HDD. Than my choice would be to download Alcohol %120. It comes with a virtual drive that you "mount" the image to and play back the movie with on your comp, without actually having the physical disc. :) If you want to use as little HDD as possible, then I recommend also getting DVD Shrink as well. All available here at AD. :)

3. Ganj527

Ganj527 Guest

thanx bro. yeah it seems i hvae to buy another hd. worth it to me than destroying all my movies.

4. bigorange

bigorange Active member

You better make it a LARGE one. At 7-10 gigs a movie it doesn't take long to fill up even a 250 gig hard drive. Why not just burn movie only to disc as a backup?