1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting games into a 120GB HDD

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by adidas714, Dec 8, 2004.

1. adidas714

adidas714 Member

OK, I just put in a new 120GB HDD in my XBOX, and I also downloaded XBOX HQ and DVD2XBOX. Now I need your help on explaining me how to set everything up so I can put games into my HDD. Please I need your help, if you can help me, it would mean alot. Thanks again.

2. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

So you downloaded dvd2xbox? Good!

Now, just FTP into your xbox. Make two folders in your F: drive. Name one "Apps" and the other "Games." It should look like F:/Apps and F:/Games. Now, unzip DVD2Xbox, if it isn't already unzipped. Then, drag the folder into the apps folder. Now, reboot your xbox, and check out the dashboard. It should have dvd2xbox there. Now put a game in your xbox, and then run dvd2xbox. Show it your game directory (F:/Games) and then it will copy all the files of that game in it's own folder in that directory!

3. adidas714

adidas714 Member

Hey thanks for the advice. Now let me explain you my problem. I put in the CD-RW which has XBOX HQ on it, and I format the HDD by picking the option, "Format Large Hard Drive" after it is done formatting, I got and install the Microsoft Dashboard, then I installed the Evox 3921 I believe to the C: drive. Then I installed my applications also to the C: (E), after that was done, I hooked up my XBOX to my PC and I look at all the folders my XBOX has by using FlashFXP and I dont see any F folder, thats the whole problem with this thing, I dont see an F folder anywhere, what am I doing wrong?

4. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

You should see C,D,E,F,G,H,X,Y,Z.

You don't see F:? Do you see G? If you see G, then use G.

5. adidas714

adidas714 Member

I dont see either F nor G, all I see is C,D,E,X,Y,Z

6. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

That's strange. You say you used Xbox HQ to install your hdd? I would've used Evox, but that shouldn't matter.

Go to your Dashboard and see how much space is on your E: drive then. If the majority of the space is there, then put the two folders there.

7. adidas714

adidas714 Member

Yeah I did use XBOX HQ, but my friend gave it to me, so I dont know if something might be wrong with his file or what, but anyway when I look at the spaces, F: still has the most, F has about 110GB where as E: has about 5BG and C: even less than that. So yeah, I have no idea what do you

8. Quadratic

Quadratic Regular member

That's strange. I really don't know what to tell you. I'm used to helping people when they use Evox HD installer. Try looking in www.xbox-scene.com for tutorials.

9. adidas714

adidas714 Member

Hey dude, if you dont mind, can you help me on this, since you have done it with Evox, I will do it with Evox. It would be awesome if you could help me on this.