1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting In A hard drive in a ps 2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by SSnewbie, Apr 4, 2005.

1. SSnewbie

SSnewbie Member

Is it easy to put hdd in a ps2 and is it worth it?

Has anyone had probs with a rattling ps2 after putting on flip top case?

2. Doulley

Doulley Guest

putting in hdd is well worth it, it doesnt burnout ur laser you dont have to carry games around or worry about scratchs and its perfectly safe and legal get it buy hd loader or hd advance from some online store or wherever u get ur Modchips from go to www.gocybershop.com they have a package of like a 120GB hdd with hd loader.

3. abx

abx Guest

You will need a ps2 network dapter in addition to a hard drive and hd advanced 2.0. Very easy and worth every penny

4. Soufboy

Soufboy Member

About the fliptop case:

Either something is broke, maybe the case is not screwed on tight enough. But the main problem(and the one I had with mine) is the white disc scrubbing against the cd. while the cd is spinning, press down(gently yet firmly) in the middle of the fliptop(right above the white disc), if the sound stops then you have to take out you white disc and bend it a little around the outside edges or replace it with another white disc and see if the sound stops.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2005
  5. ps2dude

ps2dude Member

It's definitly worth it. Faster loading times and you don't have to worry about disc's. I have 6 games on my hard drive and i'll never go back to burning games onto cds. I've been using my hdd for about a year already and i have not had any problems.

6. Soufboy

Soufboy Member

Do you still need the swap magic cd if you are using codebreaker, a pendrive and the keylauncer program to open up hd loader. I already have a fliptop in case that helps.

7. williej

williej Regular member

HD Advance 2.0 - the awesomest thing since sliced bread ...

And the perfect way to utilize your $100 Sony HDD paperweight they released and killed support for.

I have 2 HDs and ripping games to them is the only way to play.