1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting in a menu on a dvd for each show of a tv series

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Gizza, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Gizza

Gizza Member

Hey, not totally sure as to where i should put this, seemed a little 2 advanced for the beginners section. Anyway...

Ive got family guy episodes that i have downloaded and they r in avi format. So im using avi2dvd to convert them etc.

My question is, when i put the dvd into my dvd player i want a menu to come up that lists all the episodes that ive burnt onto it so i can click on the episode i want and it then plays it...

Ive downloaded a few suggested programs to do this but the "make a menu" option always seems to be disabled unless u buy the program. I was wondering if there are any decent free programs that will allow me to make this menu - im not after real fancy looking menus, just a background pic and the names of the episodes. Im not planning on doing this all the time so im not too keen on having to purchase a program etc. If someone can suggest a decent program and possibly give me a quick run through on how to make the menu that would be great.

Also, should i use the resulting iso file from avi2dvd or the files from the video file (that avi2dvd nakes) when making the menu?

Also, not sure if this is relevant, but my new computer came with the latest Nero StartSmart Essentials and i downloaded the update that was meant to allow me to make menus, but in order to make menus for a dvd u hav to buy another update. Does anyone know a way around this?

Any help with these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. attar

attar Senior member

3. Gizza

Gizza Member

Cheers 4 that, ill try it tonight and get back to you if i have any probs