1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting Mpegs onto DVD using Nero 6

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by crag364, Dec 12, 2003.

1. crag364

crag364 Member

Hi,

How can you put Mpegs onto a DVD using Nero 6?

Thanks

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

You Can"t.................................
    Nero is Not a DVD Authoring program it is Just a Burning program that Makes really Crapy Quality VCD"s and SVCD"s...what you need is A DVD authoring Program and you need Mpeg2 files that are DVD Compliant,...One DVD authoring Program that is super easy to use is "Tmpgenc DVD Author" it would be a Good Place to start but if you Mpeg files aren"t DVD compliant you will also need an Mpeg encoder.....

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. "Nero" is just a line of products that start with the word "Nero"
    2. A specific program called "Nero Vision Express" can do the encoding you need although it is really crappy, untstable and unreliable so I wouldnt reccommend it
    3. When you have encoded the movies to VOB/IFO format you can burn them using Nero.

4. crag364

crag364 Member

But how can you convert the files to VOB/IFO format?

Thanks

5. Minion

Minion Senior member

Like I said you need a DVD authoring Program, It will take your Mpeg2 files and The Menu"s and Chapters and format them into Vob files inside a Video_TS Folder that ten gets Burned to a DVD-R...You can Use "nero Vision express" for this But if your Mpeg2 files are DVD compliant it will Allways re-encode the Files which Greatly reduces the Quality that is why you should use a Real DVD authoring Program like the one I mentioned in my Fors reply...Cheers

6. crag364

crag364 Member

Ok, Thanks for you help

7. uglytuna

uglytuna Member

What is the best DVD Authoring Program out there. Is it easy and is it shareware?

8. crag364

crag364 Member

What i do now is use DVD Shrink 3.0 which converts all the files off the dvd to the appropriate files you need, then use nero 6 to put them onto a dvd.

9. Minion

Minion Senior member

Tmpgenc DVD Author is Probably the easiest DVD authoring Program out there But it doesn"t make very Snazzy Looking DVD"S..I like to use DVD-Lab because it has a Lot more Features and you can really customize your DVD to make it Look the way you want, you can download a 30 day demo of it at : http://www.mediachance.com/dvdlab/" ....Cheers