1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

putting mutiple vcd's unto one dvd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by raverkris, Nov 29, 2004.

1. raverkris

raverkris Guest

i've converted 2 of my movie avi files into vcd format by using TMPGEnc. now i want to know what do i do to put these 2 vcd format into one dvd. what program should i use to do this and how do i burn the multiple vcds unto one dvd. thank you very much for your time.

2. Chico1

Chico1 Member

I also have encoded multiple avi files and i was able to put all three avi files onto 1 dvd but when i played the dvd what would happen is i would be watching the first avi file and then half way through the second avi file would play for a while then the first avi file would resume. I tried again with different avi files and when i played the dvd the first avi file played and it finished without any problems but when it reached the ending the second avi file never even started because it said disc error. I would like to know how to put multiple avi files or another format onto one dvd as well if there's a link or a guide i could read please advice. Thank you.

3. Chico1

Chico1 Member

I have an avi file that im splitting using virtual dub which is in progress and then i want to encode the avi file using tmpg to vcd. The resolution of the avi file is 640*384 but when tmpg encodes this file into vcd the resolution will be 352*240 why so won't the vcd resolution be a less quality then the avi file? The avi file is 23.976fps this is the only reason im choosing vcd because svcd doesn't support 23.976fps is this correct? I continue on with tmpg and i fix all the settings according to the vcd guide and when i reach to the bitrate setting i select cd-r 80min(vcd/svcd)and my avi file is 2186.66mb which is larger then the cd-r 80min. media as tmpg tells me this and another thing i noticed is the length of the avi file is 80min, but tmpg is showing the length as 218min why is the length different? What im going to try is i finished splitting the avi file into 2 equal parts and i will encode each part using tmpg separately this way when i reach the bitrate settings the size of the avi file will hopefully be less then i can have 2 encoded mpeg files and then i should be able to put 2 mpeg files onto 1 cd-r or if needed 2. I would appreciate any help or feedback to my questions. Thanks in advance.