1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting region codes back in?!?

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by Clooless, Apr 22, 2005.

1. Clooless

Clooless Guest

I know this may be a silly question but is it possible to put the region code back onto a DVD'r once the vobs have been ripped and the code taken out? I will elucidate; I downloaded a full DVD of the simpsons and series 3 has a couple of episodes that give me an error saying "Not formatted for this region" WTF?!? Other episodes play perfect except a few and yet the disk is region free. So I got to thinking that if I could somehow put the region code back into the VOBs, IFO's then burn the DVD'r as region protected it might play the rest of those episodes.

Am I right in thinking that this is possible?

Clooless (and for a good reason!)

2. Ppower

Ppower Regular member

Maybe the episodes that don't play are a different video format, PAL or NTSC and your dvd player only supports one or the other

3. Clooless

Clooless Guest

I thought about that but the player I have (Yamada) plays virtually anything I throw at it! I bought it for its ability to play AVI's
    and some of my DVD's are NTSC and some are PAL, it plays both equally.

That is why I wondered if it is possible to put the code back into the vobs/IFO's etc?