1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

putting seperate movie files together

Discussion in 'Windows - P2P software' started by metaler, Apr 24, 2007.

1. metaler

metaler Member

ive downloaded a movie and its in seperate rar files,how do i open it to watch cheers

2. rav009

rav009 Active member

Have you tried extracting them all? (right click > extract). You need software like winRAR installed for this to work.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2007
  3. metaler

metaler Member

i ve installed winrar but dont realy get it to be honest. i extracted the file to another folder but still could nt watch it any help welcome nice one dude!

4. Skitzy

Skitzy Regular member

Sounds like you don't have the proper codec for that file, assuming you did indeed extract it properly. WinRar is pretty easy and to the point.. just double click or right click and chose how you want to extract it. Easiest way would be to "Extract here" (you could also make a folder and hit "extract to" and select that folder.. either way... after you do that you should see it extract and then you should have your file. After you do that.. since it doesn't work.. right click on it and go to "properties" and see what the extension is (avi, wmv, xvid, mpeg etc. *you follow me?) come back and tell someone here what the file type is and they will help you find the proper codec to play the file. Chances are you can find it right here: http://www.free-codecs.com/ Hope that helps..

note* I assumed you were using windoze

Oh yeah, I also want to mention that those are not separate movie files, you should change the title of your thread.. You will see what I mean after you get it extracted properly

Last edited: Apr 25, 2007