1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

putting subtitles?plz help

Discussion in 'Subtitle help' started by kid17, Apr 15, 2007.

1. kid17

kid17 Member

hi i downloaded a movie off bittorrent it says it come with subtitle(spanish) but when i open it the subtitle is in str file how do install it to the video i downloaded

2. bartyboy7

bartyboy7 Guest

do u mean an srt file. the film and srt file should be named the same... film.avi and film.srt [ or whatever its called]. put them in the same folder . you should have vob sub installed and when you play it in wmp the subs should play along with the movie

3. kid17

kid17 Member

k thanx i downloaded vobsub but i dont know how to use it i downloaded the movie 300(with english subtitles) from bittorrent when the movie finished downloading i opened the folder and it came with 3oo.avi,300.str,and torrent site the movie name is longer i just put that as example k so u could plezz tell the basic for using vobsub plezz ... and also i put the movie .avi file and the .str file in a folder together and played it on realplayer and wmp but no subtitles anyways thankz for ur help but could u please help me with using vobsub

4. bartyboy7

bartyboy7 Guest

the movie and the sub file should be named EXACTLY the same and in the same folder. you shouldnt have to do anything with vob sub. it should start working by itself. you will know if its working cos a green arrow will apperar next to your clock at the bottom right

5. kid17

kid17 Member

alright ! iget it know it works thank u one more question could i make subtitles for a movie that doesnt have subs?

6. bartyboy7

bartyboy7 Guest

that i dont know