1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

putting XBMC on UnleashX

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by cc0711, Mar 12, 2007.

1. cc0711

cc0711 Member

ok... I've read and read and read everything I could find about installing XBMC. I've FTP the XMBC files to my XBOX. But when I go to the Applications tab on my UnleashX, it doesn't show up. PLEASE someone help me. I would appreciate it so much! Thank you in advance!

2. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

Need more info, such as does all of your other apps work, did you check all of your paths in the .xml file from unleash, you have it located in /apps/xbmc/default.xbe (something like that) and the path should be the same but just apps for unleashx.

Let us know,
    Degalle

3. cc0711

cc0711 Member

i dont have any other apps on it right now. i just got unleashx on my new 160gb hdd. im pretty new at this. i just cant figure out why its not as easy as putting it in the folder, then showing up on the tab

4. cc0711

cc0711 Member

help please!:-\

5. Degallle

Degallle Regular member

<Item Action="LaunchDVD">Launch DVD</Item>
    - <List Text="Games" Sort="On" Auto="On">
    <Path>E:\Games</Path>
    <Path>F:\Games</Path>
    <Path>G:\Games</Path>
    <Path>E:\HDDLoader</Path>
    <Path>F:\HDDLoader</Path>
    </List>
    - <List Text="Applications" Sort="On" Auto="On">
    <Path>E:\Apps</Path>
    <Path>F:\Apps</Path>
    <Item Action="TextEditor">Text Editor</Item>
    </List>

Basically you open the "config.xml" file (should open with your internet web browser) and somewhere in there should be whats above.

Now if you have a G: drive then notice that there is no G: drive, also it has to be the correct spelling (Upper/lower case doesn't matter). So here's how I usually do mine, because it looks nicer and is complete:

<Item Action="LaunchDVD">Launch DVD</Item>
    <List Text="Storage" Sort="On" Auto="On">
    - <List Text="Games" Sort="On" Auto="On">
    <Path>E:\Games</Path>
    <Path>F:\Games</Path>
    <Path>G:\Games</Path>
    <Path>E:\HDDLoader</Path>
    <Path>F:\HDDLoader</Path>
    <Path>G:\HDDLoader</Path>
    </List>
    - <List Text="Applications" Sort="On" Auto="On">
    <Path>E:\Apps</Path>
    <Path>F:\Apps</Path>
    <Path>G:\Apps</Path>
    <Item Action="TextEditor">Text Editor</Item>
    </List>
    <List Text="Emulators" Sort="On" Auto="On">
    <Path>E:\emus</Path>
    <Path>F:\emus</Path>
    <Path>G:\emus</Path>
    </List>
    </List>

(EDIT: also note that each one should be indented, when you open the file you'll know what I'm talking about, cuz if it's just flat like that it won't work, and you'll have a fun time with that if it is, lol won't kill anything but it'll create the same problem as you have now)

So what that does is make your menu more organized (I think so) and creates a new directory called "Storage" which now has your "games", "applications", and a new one call "emulators" which all look into those folders for Default.xbe's. So another words the full and correct path should be something like this for XBMC:

F:\apps\XBMC\default.xbe

(Note that the folder XBMC doesn't determine the name it'll show up as what ever the default.xbe tells it, usually the name of the program or game).

Other than that not sure, just let us know if that works and if not then give us more info on where you are installing it, your full drive paths, all of the partitions, how you have it modded, etc.

Degalle

Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
  6. CoolHero

CoolHero Guest

where are ppl downloading XBMC. ive downloaded it like 15 times but its always soemthing different and never complete. plz help. a tut to go with this would be nice too!

7. steimy

steimy Active member

go to ISOhunt, get a disc called Franks XBMC auto installer.
    burn it to a DVD and use it. It will do all the work for you.

But basically, if you are putting it into the right place then you should be able to browse (with the UnleashX file browser) to the apps folder and find it even if there is no link on any menu's.
    It should be put under either E:/apps or F:/apps depending on how you set up the xbox (you will know which one because it will have the most available space)

If you do want a link on the menu to start the program then you will have to edit the file as listed above. It is a great thing to learn since you can then put links to all of your favorite application right on the main UnleashX menu for easy access.

8. CoolHero

CoolHero Guest

how do you burn it to a dvd? i know theres a program ive had it before but i had no idea how to use it...im sucha noob!

9. steimy

steimy Active member

download it, use Winrar to extract the first rar file and give you the ISO. Then use IMGburn (free program) to burn the ISO to a good quality DVD at 4X speed. If by chance (because i forget) you get a bin & Cue file after extracting. Then use a CD-R and a CD burning program to burn the CUE file to a CD.

10. CoolHero

CoolHero Guest

a couple things first, your link doesnt work. also you are being way too general and i am having a hard time understanding what you are saying. im sorry thanks anywayz though

11. CoolHero

CoolHero Guest

Is it possible to ftp xbmc onto my xbox?

12. steimy

steimy Active member

yes, you can just FTP it to your apps folder where all the other apps are.