1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PVR software

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by cakefoo, Feb 11, 2004.

1. cakefoo

cakefoo Member

Can i have some kind of tv tuner software that is available as shareware or free? This program i got from leadtek- winfast pvr freezes when i change channels, but only like- every fifth channel. It's like click channel change- good, then click- freeze- stutter- change.. arggh! And that stupid tapping sound that your processor/harddrive makes that lets'ss you know it's struggling- ugh, i HATE computers. Why do i use them? No really.. I hate them.

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

No..Not For Free...

3. onestop

onestop Regular member

Yo Mr Cake,

The Leadtek PVR basically has nothing wrong with it except looking a little childish but some people will like simply interface instead of complicated ones . Maybe you would like to try downloading the drivers and PVR again from www.leadtek.com.tw 2ndly, like Minion said, no FREE PVR I can think of. Lastly, we are using the forum for helping one another rather than venting frustration like most of your threads.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2004
  4. cakefoo

cakefoo Member

Dude, I ask questions because I don't know the answers to them- God forbid huh? Chill out and remember you're not in charge, little trooper.

5. SparkByte

SparkByte Member

Hey there, in reguards to your question on Free PVR software. The only one I know of is MythTV.

http://www.mythtv.org

Run on linux and seems to be very complete. I have not had a chance to try it out yet though.

Thanks

SparkByte

6. cakefoo

cakefoo Member

Hmm... Learn Linux just for one program, or live with winxp? Thanks for the info though... and for not making me feel like I'm rotten.