1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PXE-E61 PXE -MOF

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by wuzuplj, Jun 8, 2011.

1. wuzuplj

wuzuplj Regular member

Hi Guys

My laptop overheated and I now get the above message.

I have worked out that the HD must be fried as I placed a different HD from another laptop into my laptop and it skipped the above message and went to a login screen. The HD I put in was not mine, so I purchased a new 500GB 2.5 Samsung Sata HD. Thinking this would resolve the issue. I placed it into my laptop. I now get exactly the same message as I did with the fried HD.

Is there something I need to do to my new HD in order for the laptop to recognise it? Does my laptop support 500GB HD?

I have a HP Compact Presario V6000

I am lost, your help would be most appreciated

Thanks

Leigh

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

http://www.asklaptopfreak.com/laptop-notebook-help/2006/07/06/pxe-e61-failure-error-when-booting/
    http://askville.amazon.com/resolve-PXE-E61-error-message-crash/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=1248801
    What that means is your computer is attempting to boot off a network, no network is present, therefore you're getting the error. Check the BIOS & make sure your HDD is being properly recognized. If it's not, it probably sh!t the bed. If it is, check the boot order. The CD-ROM should be listed 1st, the HDD should be 2nd, 3rd device should be disabled, other devices should be disabled.
    http://www.computing.net/answers/hardware/initial-boot-errors-pxee61-pxem0f/68487.html

3. wuzuplj

wuzuplj Regular member

Ok, thanks for the reply.

The original HD is screwed. I purchased a new HD. I know this is ok.

In pheory i should therefore have a blank laptop. However I cannot load XP as it does not find the new HD.

I tried a system recoving disk on the old HD, but this does not work. It goes and tries to load up vista asks for the key, but again it cannot find the HD.

The original HD had Vista on it. My new HD does not. If i get a new copy of vista whats to say my new HD wont be regoniszed again.

I am pulling my hair out

Cheers

Leigh

4. ddp

go into the bios to see if the hard drive is seen.

5. wuzuplj

wuzuplj Regular member

Finally got it to work. Managed to install windows xp. I had to turn unable for the data native in the bios. Only
    Problem now is I cannot seem to get anything to work. Internet no. External hd don't get recognised. I have the sp3 on that and was wondering if this had anything to do with it. Very confusing at xp seemed to be loaded fine. This is lens learning a new language. Lol

All your help is appreciated

6. ddp

check in your device manager to see if there is unknown devices or exclamation marks.